Local supplier for air filters??

Started by martym00se72, July 06, 2010, 05:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

martym00se72

Hi,
anyone found a local supplier of air filters for GTV6's? Turin Imports here in Adelaide has them at $70 - 10% for club membership  :o. Seems a bit steep when compared to comparable items through IAP or Centreline in the US who are asking approx US$20. I have also noticed that everyone who says they stock them have a different part number - are there different manufacturers? Ryco etc that you can get through Super Cheap auto & co don't seem to know that the GTV6 even existed - has anyone found an equivalent that can be sourced through one of these retail chains rather than paying through the nose or buying overseas?
Cheers
'83 GTV6 - 3.0 is in! Ohhh yeah!
'99 156 T-spark - Formula 98 ready!

What do people do with their old 2.5...?

martym00se72

OK - 30+ reads without a response.  ???  Maybe I should rephrase.

Where do you source your air filter elements from and how much do you pay for them? I am hoping that people change air filter elements... Mine needed changing quite some time before I got her and so I am looking for a new one. A task I thought that would be fairly minor but is proving to be a mole hill turning into a steep incline of larger than expected duration... And of course, like most of us in this game, I am on a budget.  ;)
'83 GTV6 - 3.0 is in! Ohhh yeah!
'99 156 T-spark - Formula 98 ready!

What do people do with their old 2.5...?

stradale

$70 about the average price I get mine from Ti
supercheep, auto barns and the like do not carry them
only a few thousand  GTV6's were imported so it is uneconomical for most auto parts suppliers to stock parts for this type of car so they dont , you could try to order a K&N locally or get IAP or centerline to ship you one

K&N part# 332545 they cost twice as much but have a 1,000,000 k's limited warranty