Sheldon cornering market of Alfa 90

Started by branko.gt, March 29, 2007, 06:19:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evan Bottcher

Oh sorry Branko I forgot to attribute that last photo - it's from Stuart Thomson 2007.  :P
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Sheldon McIntosh

Cheers Evan.

This would be a very boring club if we all coveted just the one model.

It would be like a Cobra club.  Or an MX-5 club. 

Not that I've got anything against Cobras.

Sheldon McIntosh

alfagtv58

Quote from: Sheldon Mcintosh on April 05, 2007, 05:00:05 PM
Is 3.5 90's too many? 

I dont think so, you could have one for Phillip Is, one for Sandown, and one for Winton ;D
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

branko.gt

Quote from: Sheldon Mcintosh on April 05, 2007, 05:00:05 PM
Hmmm.  Gina's in Sydney this week, maybe I should get here to pick this one up for me?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ALFA-90-NR-PARTS-OR-RE-REGISTER_W0QQitemZ220099047745QQcategoryZ135261QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Is 3.5 90's too many? 

that is little bit outside your price range  ;D
you woudl not pay that much for a 90  :P

Sheldon McIntosh

ha ha very true!!

Although this one shows me what a bargain I got with the blue one.  Unfortunately, also shows me I got ripped off on the grey one.  At the time I thought I did really well getting it down from $3000 to $1500!  And it was nowhere near as good as the new one.  Then again, it's been very reliable, and seems to have a very healthy engine.

And has given far more than $1500 worth of fun.

branko.gt

Quote from: Sheldon Mcintosh on April 05, 2007, 11:34:44 PM
ha ha very true!!

Although this one shows me what a bargain I got with the blue one.  Unfortunately, also shows me I got ripped off on the grey one.  At the time I thought I did really well getting it down from $3000 to $1500!  And it was nowhere near as good as the new one.  Then again, it's been very reliable, and seems to have a very healthy engine.

And has given far more than $1500 worth of fun.

All kiddig aside, you'd be hard pressed to find better motoring value anywhere and to have a proper drivers car is more then just an added bonus.
All that is required is to bild up the skin to a thickness that bounces off all the usual 90 comments.

Scott Farquharson

Quote from: Sheldon Mcintosh on April 04, 2007, 05:18:04 PM
AND Scott, I was only (only! ::)) 1.5 seconds behind you at Winton.  A set of yellow Konis and I might just keep up with you.  My car might not look as good, but as they say "you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're stoking the fire".

Hate to say it, but the results left off my the whole of my first run with a 1:14.62, another second quicker..........yes, it's hard to beat the awesome 90hp (flywheel) of overheating, unmodified fury of the "Blue Thunder"..........and I'm not sure how any car can look worse, have you had a close look at it?

In any case your 90 fetish should be the stuff of some anthropological study by say Melb Uni.  I'm sure there is someone's thesis right there.
Scott Farquharson
Group A Dulux Alfetta GTV6
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

Sheldon McIntosh

Okay so the challenge is on.

I foolishly have accepted (or initiated, I can't remember which) a death race, pitting the legendary IRONSIDES (that would be my slightly sad grey 90 pictured a few  posts ago) against the legendary BLUE THUNDER, the blue Alfetta as driven by Scott Farquharson.  With only 90hp at the flywheel.  (ahem).  Excuse me.

The challenge is to post the best time at Phillip Island in August.  Considering that last time we were at PI in the same cars Scott was 9 seconds faster than me I may have some work to do.  Kindly, Scott has allowed me a few modifications.  I think I may need only one.....

Fast Eddie

Sheldon, are you aware that despite driving IRONSIDES all the way up to Bathurst and taking that excellent photo of her on Brocky's hill on Skyline, Mt Panorama that the Bathust council have just gone and painted over the entire wall and covered all the 00's of personal messages to Brock after his death?

Bizarre behaviour.  At least you have the photo to remember the trip, the man, the venue and old IRONSIDE when you try to make up 9 sec a lap @ P.I. on Scott.
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
77 Alfetta GTV - Group S project - "yellow peril"
86 SudSprint 1.5 - clubsprint car
77 Alfetta GTV - Tarmac rally/Group S
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

Sheldon McIntosh

Oh, that's criminal.  There were thousands of messages on there, that's very sad to hear.

Here's some of them.

Scott Farquharson

It's only 9 sec's - I am feeling threatened....
Scott Farquharson
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

Sheldon McIntosh

That's it whitesuit, talk it up.  9 secs is nothing around PI.......

I'm thinking that my second time there, just in track knowledge I might pick up,  ohhhh, I dunno, about 0.7 of a second?  1.2 at the most maybe.  Only 8 secs left to find.

Of course Scott you realise I'm painting my car blue next month, putting in a roll cage, and a few other bits and pieces.  It'll end up looking a bit like Robin's car actually.  He's even agreed to share his race number with me for the day.  Good guy Robin.

Scott Farquharson

I hope we are still doing this.....I think we should be gridded up on the front row, the national anthem sung and then the Australian flag dropped....
Scott Farquharson
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

Brett

The flag........or the losers pants!