Sheldon cornering market of Alfa 90

Started by branko.gt, March 29, 2007, 06:19:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

branko.gt

alfagtv58

You gotta admit, pretty good for what he paid for it.....
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

branko.gt

Sheldon McIntosh

branko.gt

Quote from: Sheldon Mcintosh on March 30, 2007, 06:50:11 AM
They'll be classics one day. >:( >:(
yeah sure, just keep on telling yourself that !  :'(

Seriously though, are you going to turn one of them into a track car?

Scott Farquharson

Is this as bad as people collecting Giulietta's?
Scott Farquharson
Group A Dulux Alfetta GTV6
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

Sheldon McIntosh

Yeah, the plan is to turn one of them into a track car.  I'd been tempted to start stripping the old one out, but it's too nice a road car, but now I can have the best of both worlds.  Or the worst.....You'll all be sorry when I'm passing your arses.

Classics I tells ya 8)

Beatle

Your lucky Sheldon.  I was bidding on that.  Might well have pushed you to $650 if I'd been on the ball  !!!

In defence of the 90, thats a lot of Alfa V6 engine for under $700.00.   I've paid more than that as an annual rego premium on my old Landcruiser  ;D
Paul B
QLD

Past:
'79 GTV - Loyal 1st love
'76 GT - Track entry
'89 75TS - Saved
'76 Alfetta - Sacrificed
'83 GTV6 - NT bullet
'67 Duetto - Fun
'66 Super - Endearing
'92 164 - Stunning
'85 90 - Odd
'04 GT 3.2 Rosso/Tan - Glorious
'02 156 V6 Auto Rosso/Tan - Useful daily

Sheldon McIntosh

Scott Farquharson

Even though you have seemingly cornered the Alfa 90 market, I haven't seen prices rise yet.....
Scott Farquharson
Group A Dulux Alfetta GTV6
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

Sheldon McIntosh

Oh they'll rise eventually.  I hope. :-\

Seriously though, the thing was a bargain.  $600, it's done 170k kms.   For the first 3 years it was owned by Alfa Romeo Australia and did 70k, but was serviced religiously.  In the last 15 years it's had two owners who've done 100k between them, and again serviced it every six months regardless of how many kms the car had done.  I've got about $20k worth of receipts, including a timing belt change 10,000km ago, plus a set of konis on the front. 

And the thing is in extremely good condition, plus its got the briefcase.  I was gonna sell the briefcase, sold the last one for $250 in a day on the alfaBB, but now thinking want to keep the car complete.

I honestly don't understand why people don't like them.  Okay it's not the most attractive Alfa ever made, but come on, for $600 you're getting the same drive as a GTV6, slightly softer but more comfortable on the road, plus every conceivable extra.  All the electrics work on the new car, even the electric seats, and the aircon even works!!!!

And considering the standard old 90 was only half a second behind a Brera 3.2 (with upgraded suspension) at Winton, I reckon that's a small price to pay for a pretty decent car.

And I hate to admit it but the looks are growing on me.  I'm probably in the minority but I prefer the 90 to the 75.

Sheldon McIntosh

AND Scott, I was only (only! ::)) 1.5 seconds behind you at Winton.  A set of yellow Konis and I might just keep up with you.  My car might not look as good, but as they say "you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're stoking the fire".

rain902

Quote from: Sheldon Mcintosh on April 04, 2007, 05:08:37 PM
but was serviced religiously...

does that mean that only God is holding it together? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Evan Bottcher

Quote from: Sheldon Mcintosh on April 04, 2007, 05:18:04 PM
as they say "you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're stoking the fire".

They say that do they?   ???

I've only briefly driven Sheldon's other 90 - such a comfortable limousine of a car with that amazing v6 out front.  I'd happily have one and am kicking myself badly for not taking the option on this one.  I mean it's a HELL of a lot of car for such a small price.

Attached the photos of Sheldon's new car from ebay for posterity...
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Evan Bottcher

plus one of Sheldon's 90 on it's doorhandles at Winton.  Check out the front wheel angle.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal