Changing Gear Knobs

Started by Cloud2609, May 16, 2010, 05:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cloud2609

Hi just a simple question.

I'm thinking of changing the gear knobs on my 03 156 JTS.. It's the manual trasmission.. Has anyone tried changing it before? I've read forums and some said you can just pull it off and some said you'll need to saw the old one off  :o

So I thought maybe some of you here have changed it before and would like some advice on how to do it..

Thanks

fewlish

Gday bud,

There quite a bit of info available online for this one
the answer on my 00 156 TS man was to just pull it up after unclipping the boot - it was tight, I mean really tight, and ended up with me dropping the seats back to get more weight down and ending up with a gear stick imprint on my forehead (dont ask) but don't cut the shaft unnecessarily - you could probably make some nicks in the bottom of the orig knob if you plan on casting it away.

I bought a leather one with the AR logo from ebay and supergluing the boot to the metal piece at the bottom of the knob (see pic if it attaches properly - sorry first post)

hope this is of some help

TF
'00 156 TS Man

Cloud2609

Thanks a lot for the reply.. Yeah I've heard that you'll need a lot of force to pull the thing out, just wanted to confirm if it's true.. Thanks anyway!