Alfetta GTV 2l Inlet manifold - advice requested

Started by AlfaACT, April 26, 2010, 08:29:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlfaACT

I have removed the carbies on my Alfetta Gt, so that I can replace the rubber spacer gasket between the carb and the inlet manifold - they are cracked.
I have located and removed the nuts from the bottom row of studs on the spacers (ie under and behind the inlet manifold)
But the top row, of what one might expect to be studs, appear to just dissappear into the manifold body.
Are these ones dowl pins or are they studs too?
See attached pic - I have circled in red the "studs" and the holes that they dissappear into.

If they are studs, do I need to remove the cam cover to access the nuts or do I need to remove the Inlet manifold? Seems unnecessarily complicated.

Assuming they were dowl pins, I applied a little (not too much) persuasion to separate the spacers from the manifold but they are either still held tight (ie still bolted) or maybe just stuck tight - ie glued on!

Advice, tips or tricks would be appreciated? - I dont want to resort to the bigger hammer!

Thanks,
Peter.

Jekyll and Hyde

Remove the intake manifold.  The rubber mounts are bolted from the back.  Stupid idea.

Colin Byrne

72' 105 2000 GTV Red (tarmac rally/race car)
74' 105 2000 GTV Blue (road car)
68' 105 1600 Giulia Super White (Not sure yet)
01' Nissan Pathfinder (Tow car/Alfa support vehicle)

AlfaACT

Thanks guys.
So its another step back before I go forward :-(
All I am trying to do is clean/clear the fuel system due to a lot of gunk in the tank!
Uncovering the odd other issue along the way but learning lots :-)
Ciao,
Peter.