Hello

Started by Neil Campbell, March 22, 2007, 11:11:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil Campbell

Hello all, Neil here.  I have been looking for a 69 Junior (the cool step nose front with the later dash and lots of rust in the usual places) for a few years now and have finally got one.  I am planning to make it into a bit of a GTA wanna be and then use it for track days.  Here she is, as you can see I have a fair bit if work to do.
Alfas
1969 GT Junior 1300 - to be GTA widebody Rep.

Others
1959 Austin Healey Sprite
1951 S1 Landrover
2008 Falc-hoon XR8

branko.gt

Good work finding the Junior! Although not as common as some other models Juniors are still popping up occasionaly.

Both 1st and 2nd series have their charms. I liek them both. One day i prefrer the 1750 type dash but the next day i relly enjoy looking at the earlier 1600 type dash and oldet type instruments.

Someone already started the GTA look-a-like work for you, there are oval cutouts under the grille.

What will you do for the engine? Leave orginal 1300? That would be my choice.

BTW, where are you ? You profile does not list your location.

Colin Byrne

Yea nice one that's going to be loads of fun  ;D

Also the grill is already GTAesk and the heart looks like it's off a berlina.  I think the Guilia Supper Grill is a closer match to the original GTA Grill

QuoteWhat will you do for the engine? Leave orginal 1300? That would be my choice.

Branko, when will you learn,

If it's going to look like a GTA it's got go like one, 2L all the way!!
72' 105 2000 GTV Red (tarmac rally/race car)
74' 105 2000 GTV Blue (road car)
68' 105 1600 Giulia Super White (Not sure yet)
01' Nissan Pathfinder (Tow car/Alfa support vehicle)

alfagtv58

Quote from: Colin Byrne on March 23, 2007, 07:59:53 AM
Branko, when will you learn,

If it's going to look like a GTA it's got go like one, 2L all the way!!

Agreed, either restore 100% original, or if you are going to go GTAish then go nuts with a stonkin 2L!! 
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Neil Campbell

By all accounts the Alfa is already a bit of a bitsa.  It has what i have been told is a 1750 in it already, I will run that until it dies (or is too slow) and then a 2L will definitely be the plan.

I am in Romsey which is just north of Melb. 
Alfas
1969 GT Junior 1300 - to be GTA widebody Rep.

Others
1959 Austin Healey Sprite
1951 S1 Landrover
2008 Falc-hoon XR8

branko.gt

it appears that many junior ended up with 1750 engines. There is nothing wrong with that engine in general terms unless you have to have 2 litre, which appears some people cannot see past  :P
Have fun and enjoy. The thing is, those engines are not that easy to kill unless you really neglect them. If you just drive them hard they only go better  ;D