EMR to Warburton, via Marysville

Started by Mat Francis, May 03, 2010, 01:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat Francis

As per title, and elsewhere advertised, the club will be holding an EMR on Sunday the 23rd of May. We will begin in the usual meeting spot, (service lane, just up from the Whitehorse Council Chambers, 379 Whitehorse Road, Nunawading), meeting at 9am for a 930 departure. Please try to be punctual. If you are running late, please meet us at Marysville at 10:30 for morning tea.

Lunch will be at the Alpine Retreat Hotel, Warburton. A set lunch of roast pork, beef and lamb, with vegetables and 2 salads has been organised, at the cost of $25 per head.

All sealed roads, and some superb ones at that.

In addition, a prize will be given for the best presented (ie show and shine) 75, 90 or 164 on the day.

Please contact me on 0415 765 129 by the 20th if you intend to come, as lunch bookings are essential.

Furthermore, I have been informed that the Italian Connection Rally will be arriving in Lygon Street that afternoon, and some members of the Fiat car club (who will be joining us on the run) intend to continue back into the city to greet them, and partake in an all Italian car display on Lygon Street to round out the day.
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie

Ads

Nunawading to Marysville in an hour, I like your style Mat!

I take it Black and Reefton spurs form part of the route?  A diversion up Lake Mountain should also be in order!

Count me in, I'll be doing a feature on the day for the mag.

AD
Prev: 75 TS
Prev: 1974 1600GT Junior (2 litre)

Mat Francis

Cheers Adam.

The roads between Nunawading and Marysville are for the most part fairly fast and flowing. An hour's probably a little optimistic, but shouldn't take much longer.

Yes, Black and Reefton spurs are part of the fun. I've been up there a few times now, the problem i had with taking detours is that a lot of the roads aren't sealed. I found the best bit of road I've ever driven going an alternative way, but the last 20 odd km were gravel. Not an issue in the old, battered, sideways happy 75, but not really suitable for an EMR.

Some spectacular photo opportunites too!
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie

Ads

Haha, good point on the gravel- perhaps you took the 'Acheron Way', which is an alternative route to Warburton from the Black Spur side, a great, great road.  I remember once on the gravel section we had a Lancer evo doing rally recce from the other direction, missed him by a solitary coat of paint.
Prev: 75 TS
Prev: 1974 1600GT Junior (2 litre)