Carburetor mounts

Started by NigelC, July 28, 2010, 03:35:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NigelC

Just purchased Weber DCOE45 for my GpS 1979 Alfetta and was wondering if Alfaholics is the only place that I can get long aluminium mounts from?  
Alfaholics sell the set complete with nuts, washers etc.

Engine upgrade is happening slowly and progressively so, in theory, by East Coast Challenge time I should have 10548 cams with Weber45s fitted.  Still a long way from finished but a start nonetheless.

Current 2017 Giulia Veloce - Red
Current 1979 Alfa GTV - Ivory (Gp S racer)
Past 2007 Alfa 159 2.2 JTS Rubino Red
Past 2003 Alfa 156 2.0 JTS Red
Past 1979 Alfa GTV Red/Rust

alfagtv58

Nigel,

Vin @ PACE is your man, he has them.

Been doing the sums.....not sure if I can afford the trip north for the ECC this year, had some large car related bills lately.  It would be devastating as I have been really looking forward to it.
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

giulia_veloce

Hey Phil

That new transporter of yours needs a run and your race car needs the cobwebs blown out of them.
And your boy needs to see that big sheep at Golburn.
Hope you can make it.
And bring some others with you,like Frank M and the many Victorians that were racing at Phillip Island at the begining of the year.
By memory,we had 38 Alfas there last time,in 1 race.
Hope you change your mind.
As an incentive Phil,I will let you lap me,which wont be hard to do.
Come all,come race,come spectate,come chat,come perve,just COME

Robert

NigelC

What Robert says is spot on.  Two years ago I spectated at the ECC at wakefield park and saw 38 cars on the grid - all Alfa's ranging from a race prepared 156, through 116 GTV's to 105's with a smattering of everything else in between.  It was the race that inspired me to go out and buy a GTV, just like I used to own, and prepare it for Group S.

Two years later, I have my PCC Licence, I have a logbooked Group S car (albeit with a standard engine at this stage) and so far I've raced at Eastern Creek and Wakefield Park. I am looking forward to driving in the ECC, and while I couldn't make Phillip Island this year I can't wait for the ECC.  It is a great race meeting.

Remember, you never regret the things you do, only the things you don't.

alfagtv58

Quote from: giulia_veloce on July 29, 2010, 06:33:10 AM
That new transporter of yours needs a run and your race car needs the cobwebs blown out of them.
The tow pig just had a pretty good run from Sydney back to Melbourne....my hearing damage is proof of that!!  Agree the race car needs the cobwebs removed.

And your boy needs to see that big sheep at Golburn.
Hope you can make it.
Just had a very kind offer for accom for the weekend, which may just tip the $$ scales in my favour....I will try to come, but I don't think the family will head up this time.

And bring some others with you,like Frank M and the many Victorians that were racing at Phillip Island at the begining of the year.
We are a victim of timing this year Robert, it is the week after our 6 Hour, most will be running in that....hoping a couple will come along anyway!

As an incentive Phil,I will let you lap me,which wont be hard to do.
Are you kidding me, I saw your lap times at PI.....lap you, what a joke  :P

Quote from: NigelC on July 29, 2010, 07:18:20 AM
What Robert says is spot on.  Two years ago I spectated at the ECC at wakefield park and saw 38 cars on the grid - all Alfa's ranging from a race prepared 156, through 116 GTV's to 105's with a smattering of everything else in between.  It was the race that inspired me to go out and buy a GTV, just like I used to own, and prepare it for Group S.

I remember chatting to you that weekend Nigel, I could see the glint in your eye....glad you are out and doing it now (told you it was fun huh!!)
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

giulia_veloce

Hey Nigel.

Great that you are enjoying Veloce and racing.

Just a thought -= from experience,,and we are only having a discussion.

Putting 45 carbys on a standard engine  will and can make it go backwards.
Maybe just add the cams at this stage till you port the head and give it some compression.
Extractors might help a bit also.
If you are sort of getting a bit serious,,a dyno before and after modifications will tell all.
I tried some bigger chokes in John Pucaks engine,,which was the way to go,but the dyno said otherwise.
It made the same power,but doubbled its fuel consumption
Went back to the original size chokes.
48 cams will be the best mod at this stage on your standard engine,and possibly a dyno will give you more.
As i said,,just a discussion.

Hey Phil,hope we are not going to miss you at ECC Wakefield.
I might still let you lap me.
The 75 is going ok ,but has a bit of a missfire as you probably heard.
Lucky im a Scutineer,or they may have said,,= fix it or go home.
I kind of like it.
I might go check out the 6 hr
are you having a drive ?
Chats soon

Robert

NigelC

Thanks Robert - good advice and virtually the same advice I got from John! 

I will put the 10548 cams in but leave the Webers until I replace piston/piston liners, revalve head etc.  It will all happen eventually but I don't intend to do it all now.

Exhaust is OK, I have put 4-2-1 extractors on and in time will replace those with 4-1 extractors.

Nigel

bonkfrog

Phil
That big ram at Goulburn - why haven't the local hoons painted the most prominent parts red? I know I would have when I was 18!
Current: Alfetta GTV 2.0
Past: GTJ1300 (2l conversion), Giulia Supers, Giulia 1600TI