105 1750 Series 1 to Buy suitable for rebuild / engine conversion.

Started by carbon, April 03, 2010, 01:27:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carbon

Hi,
TO BUY :
I am searching for a 105 1750 Series 1 GT Veloce to purchase in need of some love and attention for a project of mine which will include an engine conversion and GTAm Guard conversion done by me.
Will look at examples which could benefit from a full restoration to a mild make over.
Will be looking to Club race it and drive it on the Road.
Any info in helping me find a suitable car would be greatly appreciated.
Many Thanks.

Evan Bottcher

In the interests of full disclosure :-)  Are you still planning to transplant an LS-1 engine in there?
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

carbon

Hi Evan,
That was the plan but I am having trouble with the legal requirements to do this as 4.1 Litres seems to be the maximum allowed under the current VicRoads Rules, thus my searching for more info.
EWither way, I am still after a 105 1750 to use on the road and at Alfa Club events.
Any ideas who may have one for sale or who I could speak to regarding the engine legalities ?
Best Regards.

carbon

Finally found 'My Mustard Girl', an Alfa Romeo 1969 Series 1 GT Veloce Coupe coloured Ochre AR219.
Only arrived last month, July, from Adelaide, after a week in the hands of the Transport Company.
Anyway, now she's here in Melbourne, and I'm now in the process of arraging her Rust and Damaged Panel Repairs.
Looking at replacing the Rusty Guards with GTAm versions to fit my early 3 Piece Simmons Wheels under, but will need to wait to see what size new rims will be needed to be ordered to attatch to the centres.
She's got a 2.0 Litre fitted, so will make do with this until the body is sorted out, then look at the engine options then.
Now it's all about taking pictures for the rebuild referencing, finding a good Panel Beater who I have an idea of using, and listing what bodypanels will be needed to be bought to replace the worn ones with, and check her details.