Another newbie joins the ranks

Started by Simon Francis, February 22, 2007, 04:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Francis

Hey all,
My name is Simon Francis, i'm 19, I live in Ballarat and am currently studying mechanical engineering at Ballarat Universtiy. Also I have just purchased my first car, a 1984 (or so i'm told) GTV 2.0 in red ;D ;D. Apart from the car suffering a minor engine bay fire before i bought it which melted the dist cap and plug leads, the car was in ok condition, just a little bit of rust in the drivers door and on the rear guard. Also the paint has faded rather badly but I intend to get the car resprayed when I can afford it. All the engine bay damage has been fixed and it started and runs like a dream. It now looks a bit different than the pics because it has the wheels and tyres that Tristan was selling on this site, thanks again mate, they look great.

Current Alfas
1982 Red GTV 2.0 (first car I ever bought, building into a GTV6 rally car)
1976 Black Alfetta 1.8 Autocross car
1986 Silver GTV6 (such blast to drive)
1988 164 ($800 off ebay still registered)
1971 Berlina (sorta track prepped car, full cage etc. etc..)
1974 Berlina (spares)

Scott Farquharson

Welcome Simon and good luck with the car.  If you are in Melbourne feel free to come along to club night - 2nd Wed of the month at Bells Hotel in Sth Melb.
Scott Farquharson
Group A Dulux Alfetta GTV6
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

Neil Choi

Simon

This is an ideal Alfa to come to Race craft and Sprint on 3 and 4 March at Winton, great fun and best times.

Welcome to the Alfa madness and get into the driving of it, particularly on the track.

Cheers
Neil

Fast Eddie

Welcome Simon.

And Neil is right - it's track time

Edward
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
77 Alfetta GTV - Group S project - "yellow peril"
86 SudSprint 1.5 - clubsprint car
77 Alfetta GTV - Tarmac rally/Group S
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

Simon Francis

Thanks guys,
Although i'ld love to come this weekend I can't, I have no way of getting the car there as it is currently un-registered and I don't own a trailer. Plus being a broke uni student and working at Maccas dosen't help either. Also my daily driver decided not to start at 12:28am this morning leaving me stranded at work in the middle of the night. Bloody Mazdas!!!! why can't the Japanese make cars like the Italians :D :D?
Current Alfas
1974 Berlina (spares)

Pinkstig67

Are you going to put it on the road?? Let me know once u do... We'll hang out at Big W together in our Alfa's HAHAHAHAHAHA

Only if you want.. I sick of the others picking on me!!!  :( I dont kno why they cant leave me alone... It was different and i liked it!!

I dont wanna car that Tom, Dick and Harry have  ::)
Just Put Ur Tongue Between Ur Lipz and BLOW! - 'TRY IT'

Its what my car sounds like!

Simon Francis

Yeah it will be on the road in a month or two when I can afford the registration and insurance. Haha, what a sight, 2 Alfa's in Big W carpark on a friday night, lol. There is nothing wrong with being different, between me and all my friends i'm the only one with a european car, the rest all drive Commodores (a.k.a. Conformadores) or little Japanse thingys with about as much style as a house brick (they sound like one too)

If they keep picking on you, you might just have to bring out the Honda and show 'em who's boss :D
Current Alfas
1974 Berlina (spares)

Tristan Atkins

Hi Simon,

The wheels were my pleasure mate. Good luck on your car, my one looked like that when I started, just do one bit at a time. Once you get it sorted, you'll have to come down the track, there are a few of us young uni students in GTV's.

If you ever get stuck on something regarding the car don't hesitate to get in touch with us, oh and good luck on your FSAE car as well.

Tristan

Pinkstig67

Just Put Ur Tongue Between Ur Lipz and BLOW! - 'TRY IT'

Its what my car sounds like!