Problems with Blue & Me

Started by bella_red, March 15, 2010, 04:42:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bella_red

Hi all
New to this forum, have been trawling the net for answers with little success.  I have had my 159 for almost a year now, and have had intermittent issues with the B&M picking up either my ipod or a memory stick with music on it. After a number of issues about 10 months ago I finally got it working and it has been fine, but you know, sometimes you need to modify the music on the old ipod  :( ... since then nada.  I plugged it in, nothing.  Fiddled around with cables etc, nothing. Took out the ipod and put in a 2GB memory stick with music, nothing. Will read cds happily but when I press the cd button without a cd in it I just get the message that no source is available.  So I am stuck on radio or cd - how twentieth-century!  Can anyone give me some ideas of what to try? I hve booted and rebooted the ipod, did it with the car on and off, whatever combo I can think of - the light is on on the ipd and it says do not unplug, so there is power getting to it but nothing going the other way.

Do hope someone can help me...
Sue

alfagtv100 (Biggus)

Hi Sue,

I have never managed to get an iPod to work successfully and reliably with Blue&Me.  However, as a Microsoft product, iPod integration was not part of the design brief.   :P

However, all is not lost.  There is a software update available for B&M.  This update improves iPod integration (amongst other things) but you also need a specific FIAT iPod adapter to make things work perfectly.  These seem to be cheaper (?) via the UK, however are a disgrace at approximately 77 pounds (excluding postage).  Try eBay.
http://www.fiat-accessories.com/Fiat-Blue-and-Me-Adaptor

The B&M software v5.4 update is available from this site under 'Blue&Me Update'
WARNING: FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS TO THE LETTER.
http://www.fiat.co.uk/Content/Article.aspx?id=19155

Alternatively, ask your dealer's service department to look at the problem for you.

Good luck.
Cheers,
Marco.
Marco Leoncelli
2017 Giulia. Yeah, baby.
1971 1750 GTV Coupe Series II
Past: 2008 159 Ti V6 3.2, RenaultSport Clio 182 (smuf blue).

alfa_male

Sue / Marco,

Have a 159 and have had no luck even getting B&M to recognize a usb stick let alone ipod - all that happens is that the nice lady tells me "no media found". Would have been happy even to get the usb to work let alone ipod. Have read on the forum where there were problems with large usb's and did change down to 4gb - no avail. Have also read where the B&M software v5.4 update has caused other problems when installed - after upgrade ipod worked but looses bluetooth, so am a bit wary going down that road. Not certain whether in order for media player to work, radio needs to be off or there is a certain procedure? Have tried changing settings to autoplay on. Manual is of very little help (or maybe I'm not looking in the right setion). Any help.tips would be greatly appreciated.

Angelo.

Mr_Clean

Hi, you need to buy the Apple iPod adapter for Blue & Me - available from your Alfa Dealer - about $200 !

I use this with an iPhone 4 and at one point a std IPod (2006 model I think) in a new Aug 2010 159ti

However there are minor problems - limited to about 5 playlists and does not seem to pick up individual album selections in the iPod library. 

Mobile phone side works perfectly.

cheers

alfagtv100 (Biggus)

I bought the Fiat adapter from the UK.  It works fine with full functionality.  From memory, I paid about $160.  A bit of a ripoff but it works when combined with the latest B&M update.
Cheers,
Marco.
Marco Leoncelli
2017 Giulia. Yeah, baby.
1971 1750 GTV Coupe Series II
Past: 2008 159 Ti V6 3.2, RenaultSport Clio 182 (smuf blue).