GTV6 Won't start

Started by Fylnn, February 07, 2010, 10:24:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MD

Cheapest: Get a circuit and an auto electrician to fix it.This site will help in principle but the circuits will not be exactly the same. A good auto elec. should be able to work around it.
http://www.users.on.net/~craigf/

Dearest: Get auto electician to make new loom for aftermarket  basic ECU like this on ebay.

Item No. 150414494083

Rough guess $500 for choice one and three times that amount for choice 2.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

Fylnn

Quote from: dehne on February 21, 2010, 08:46:32 PM
the fact thats its not producing spark i would be looking at the (sorry i cannot think of the correct name) spark maker i have a couple of these so if you post the details of it up ill check to see if mine match

Dehne,

I checked the unit on the LH guard, it is Bosch part no. 0227 100 017, it is a 6 pin plug with terminal marked, 16, blank, 15, 31, 31d, 7.

dehne

i will have a look in the morning
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

Fylnn

I spent Sunday going through all the connections again, pulled out the distributor and redid that connection.  Got power everywhere I can think of but still no spark.

For it is worh my plan B is now to go to a Megasquirt system to handle the fuel and the ignition.  I am now furiously reading the volumous information on the web and looking to order a system.  Thanks to all for the assistance so far, but any helpful hints on Mgsquirt also gratefully accepted.

Jekyll and Hyde

Quote from: Fylnn on March 04, 2010, 12:16:17 PM
I spent Sunday going through all the connections again, pulled out the distributor and redid that connection.  Got power everywhere I can think of but still no spark.

For it is worh my plan B is now to go to a Megasquirt system to handle the fuel and the ignition.  I am now furiously reading the volumous information on the web and looking to order a system.  Thanks to all for the assistance so far, but any helpful hints on Mgsquirt also gratefully accepted.

Heres the single biggest hint I can give you right now - get the L-jet system working first.  If you go putting an MS on that now, you'll have no idea whether the cars not running due to an existing fault, or because of something you've screwed up with the MS.  You could spend weeks chasing your tail there.