WANTED : 147 or 156

Started by 147dream, March 02, 2010, 06:37:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

147dream

yes , it needs to be a full auto or a selespeed because i am on my probationary license and cannot drive manual for another few years.

v6 Auto's are deffinitley an option, if and when i find one hehe

but basically, you guys are saying to let this one go?

p.s. i appreciate the response i have gotten, it has been very helpful.

monoman

Quote from: 147dream on March 05, 2010, 10:35:42 AM
yes , it needs to be a full auto or a selespeed because i am on my probationary license and cannot drive manual for another few years.

Is this some new law I've never heard of before?  Or did you do your test in an auto?  If this is the case as I suspect it is, go get tested in a manual.

dehne

you might want to check with vic roads regarding you being able to drive the selespeed because they are logged as being a manual car not an auto, the reason for this is when you start the car it goes straight into manual you have to change it to city/auto, this should be ur first port of call
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

monoman

Quote from: dehne on March 05, 2010, 11:10:35 AM
you might want to check with vic roads regarding you being able to drive the selespeed because they are logged as being a manual car not an auto, the reason for this is when you start the car it goes straight into manual you have to change it to city/auto, this should be ur first port of call

The selespeed should stay in whichever mode (manual or city) it was in when last switched off.  At least that's what the 147 owners manual says, and my dodgy 147 did.   

dehne

ok 156 might be different mine always resets to manual, would still check though, just check my reg again and its listed as a manual
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's