MegaSquirt For sale

Started by JOHN G, February 24, 2010, 05:46:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOHN G

I have a fully built and functional MegaSquirt. It is mounted in a Bosch L-Jetronic case which makes it perfect for L-Jet cars. It also has the flyback board installed in the case for L-Jet low impedance injectors. Because its in an L-Jet case it will bolt into your orginal EFI computer position and will just plug right into the wiring harness. It has also had the necessary fuel pump circuit modification done to it.

Simon's Alfa 75 3.0 V6 ran perfectly with this MegaSquirt and he got it somewhat tuned through the rev range.Simon had it running with MAPdot but it will come with a Vishay TPS (from FarnellOne group buy) so you could run TPSdot.

What your getting:

* Complete and functional MS in L-Jet case with FlyBack board installed and functional
* Air/Water temperature sensor.
* Variable Resistance TPS with mounting plate for Alfa throttle body
* Stewart/Aussie stimulator which is functional and complete
* Serial/null modem cable for PC or PDA connection

I am looking for $350 for the lot. A very good price when the price of parts, especially as L-Jet case included.

I also have other items for sale:

* Handspring Visor PDA with serial and USB cradle, perfect for tuning a MS $50 in as new condition, includes a cable to convert the PDA serial to null modem for MS
* Greddy WIDEBAND air fuel mixture gauge with O2 sensor $200 in fantastic used condition

Reason for selling never got around to installing it as I bought a new race car which was allready sorted.

Thanks John
Present
ALFA 75 3.0
BMW X5 M

Past
Alfa  75 3.0 qv Potenziata (Black) Concours
Alfa GTV6 GP 3.0
Alfa GTV6 GP 2.5 Concours
Alfa GTV6 SA 3.3 AHMotorsport 250Hp ATW (Grey)
Alfa GTV6 3.0 (Black)

spoynter

Is it MS-1 or have you installed the II daughter card?

Fylnn

Is it fuel only or can it do igniton?

JOHN G

It's MS-1

(Al Grippo and Bruce Bowling have created on MegaSquirt-II, which is a plug-in daughter card which replaces the MC68HC908GP32 with a MC9S12 processor. MegaSquirt-II is an "intermediate" step from the original MC68HC908 based MegaSquirt® towards UltraMegaSquirt. It is basically a plug-in processor card which has the MC9S12 processor plus support hardware as well as a stepper motor chip, and an ignition module controller.

You simply remove the 68HC908GP32 processor on your existing MegaSquirt® and plug in the MegaSquirt-II daughter card and their MegaSquirt® is now a MegaSquirt-II - it takes less than a minute to do.)

And costs $50

John

Present
ALFA 75 3.0
BMW X5 M

Past
Alfa GTV6 GP 3.0
Alfa GTV6 3.0 (Black)

JOHN G

It can do fuel and ignition control module when you plug in the MegaSquirt 11 daughter card.

John
Present
ALFA 75 3.0
BMW X5 M

Past
Alfa GTV6 GP 3.0
Alfa GTV6 3.0 (Black)

Jekyll and Hyde

Quote from: JOHN G on February 25, 2010, 06:42:07 PM

It's MS-1

(Al Grippo and Bruce Bowling have created on MegaSquirt-II, which is a plug-in daughter card which replaces the MC68HC908GP32 with a MC9S12 processor. MegaSquirt-II is an "intermediate" step from the original MC68HC908 based MegaSquirt® towards UltraMegaSquirt. It is basically a plug-in processor card which has the MC9S12 processor plus support hardware as well as a stepper motor chip, and an ignition module controller.

You simply remove the 68HC908GP32 processor on your existing MegaSquirt® and plug in the MegaSquirt-II daughter card and their MegaSquirt® is now a MegaSquirt-II - it takes less than a minute to do.)

And costs $50

John

You don't need to upgrade to MS2 to run spark though, you can simply download and then flash the Msextra code into the MS1, and voila, spark capabilities, along with a bunch of other functions (fan outputs, boost control, blah blah blah.)  May need to solder in about $5 worth of components into the board though, depending on who built this one.

All that said, the MS2extra code is even better  ;D

Fylnn

John,

I have been furiously reading overnight to understand how this all works and what I have to do.  To get ignition as well as fuel control seems like I have to plug in the extra card and probably run some extra wires out of the Bosch box?  I assume I have to do something more with the distributor to make it work with the MS system? 

Sorry for the questions, but I have about 12 hours experience with MS.

JOHN G

Price drop of $50  ;)

Now asking $300 ono

Taking up space in my room needs a new home.

Thanks
John
Present
ALFA 75 3.0
BMW X5 M

Past
Alfa GTV6 GP 3.0
Alfa GTV6 3.0 (Black)

dehne

how hard is this to fit to my 2.5 ltr 90 will it bolt/clip straight in without doing to much and does the other thing you mentioned work with this and my car, if alls good we should do a deal regarding headlighs and other parts you and nephew require, the fibre glass panels look to be a gooer soon my old man was a fibreglasser so he is going to give it a crack when we have the mould and a finish product done ill put some pics up ill start with the bonnet first then boot and gaurds
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

JOHN G

Present
ALFA 75 3.0
BMW X5 M

Past
Alfa GTV6 GP 3.0
Alfa GTV6 3.0 (Black)