coolant reserve tank WTB

Started by drewster71, February 24, 2010, 12:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drewster71

Hi all wanted to buy for 83 2 lt GTV the top up tank for coolant that sits up near firewall next to windscreen washer bottle, mine is cracking grrrr

cheers Drew
PRESENT
1983 2L GTV
PAST
1977 Alfetta

alanm

Drew

Is that the same as the GTV6 tank?

If so, you might be able to get a new one from The Italian Job which lasts about a year before it surrenders to the pressure of a healthy well maintained cooling system with no leaks, new head gaskets.
There is a dodgy looking second hand one on ebay in the US.
There is a company in the US that makes alloy tanks for about $US 300
Or there is a company in NSW or QLD that fabricates them out of alloy (search for previous cooling system thread).
I am most likely going to order one of these later this year, maybe a there is a discount for a group order?
Expression of interest anyone? ;)

Al
Present
1987 75 TS Rosso
2001 GTV V6 Nero
2001 156 V6 Monza Rosso
Past
1986 GTV6 Grand Prix
1988 33

JOHN G

International auto parts from the US
Sell the best aluminium coolant tank for the 81 - 87 GTV6.
These have a sight tube and brass fittings US$192.
The Aus one mentioned was of a much lower standard.
John
Present
ALFA 75 3.0
BMW X5 M

Past
Alfa  75 3.0 qv Potenziata (Black) Concours
Alfa GTV6 GP 3.0
Alfa GTV6 GP 2.5 Concours
Alfa GTV6 SA 3.3 AHMotorsport 250Hp ATW (Grey)
Alfa GTV6 3.0 (Black)

BradGTV

hi drew,
i found mine, if ur intrested?
brad,
79 gtv sr20, 83 gtv, 83 gtv6 3.0, 75 ts x 3, 85 gtv, 76 gt, 91 164, Subey L Series, S13 silvia, Bmw e30 318i, VT SS 6spd

alanm

John

Thanks for your comments.

I guess now is not a bad time to order one with the exchange rate at 90c to the US dollar.
Only problem is the cost of getting it to Australia, IAP were quoting around $200 if I remember correctly.
Seems a lot doesn't it? I might need to research that one a bit more.

Drew, sorry for erroneous cost, I must have been thinking A$!

Alan
Present
1987 75 TS Rosso
2001 GTV V6 Nero
2001 156 V6 Monza Rosso
Past
1986 GTV6 Grand Prix
1988 33

grpa9x

hi,
i got a price from the american supplier called international auto customs, this tank has the sight tube, $192US, and $55US Postage, and they do have stock at the moment, if there is interest i would be part of a bulk buy.
cheers michael :)

drewster71

Hey Mate,

cool bananas, yer sent you a txt hadnt checked on here yet, how much you want for them including the other  cpl bits of console ? maybe txt me if you like

cheers Drew ,
p.s. would love to grab them one nite this week or weekend..

Quote from: BradGTV on February 24, 2010, 05:55:19 PM
hi drew,
i found mine, if ur intrested?
brad,
PRESENT
1983 2L GTV
PAST
1977 Alfetta

drewster71

Hi guys ,
not sure if GTV6 same as 2lt, would be interested down the track later this year round August in getting a stainless or similar when i get my tax back and spend a bit on her..

cheers Drew
PRESENT
1983 2L GTV
PAST
1977 Alfetta

TheConverted

I think I have one from my electric conversion, which is surplus to my needs. I'll check tomorrow morning to confirm. I'll assume a 84 gtv would be identical.
White Alfetta 84 GTV, soon to be a GTeV (Electric Vehicle)

drewster71

Thanks everyone, one found and sorted

Cheers for help as always fantastic..

Drew
PRESENT
1983 2L GTV
PAST
1977 Alfetta

alanm

Michael, have you seen a photo of the International Auto Customs tank?

The IAP tank looks good in the photo on their website and a bloke elsewhere in this forum has one and reckons its a good fit.
I have just sent an email to IAP to confirm delivery costs, I don't want to depend on my dodgy memory. I asked them is there is a savings on delivery if I order more than one.

I'm not saying I'm not interested in the IAC tank, just want to check out all avenues first. Is it possible the tanks come from the same manufacturer, the IAP tank US$192 also has a sight tube??

Cheers
Alan
Present
1987 75 TS Rosso
2001 GTV V6 Nero
2001 156 V6 Monza Rosso
Past
1986 GTV6 Grand Prix
1988 33

JOHN G

The site tube enables you to check the coolant level without moving the cap 8).

John
Present
ALFA 75 3.0
BMW X5 M

Past
Alfa  75 3.0 qv Potenziata (Black) Concours
Alfa GTV6 GP 3.0
Alfa GTV6 GP 2.5 Concours
Alfa GTV6 SA 3.3 AHMotorsport 250Hp ATW (Grey)
Alfa GTV6 3.0 (Black)

grpa9x

Alan,
I did see a picture on there website and i want to purchase one, i figured if others are keen we might save a little in costs with a bulk purchase. [depends on stock],  if you get a favourable reply from them and you wish to order one i am in. Maybe we are talking about the same tank ,part number 28273 on their listing.
regards michael

alanm

Michael

IAP has changed their courier to another company. They are quoting $55USD to courier to Melbourne (was $180!!!)
I asked the question about ordering more than 1 tank, no response. Probably wouldn't save us much ordering 2, and it keeps things simple.
Before I go ahead I'm going to ask the boys as Maranello Pur Sang if there is any down side to the ally tank.

Alan
Present
1987 75 TS Rosso
2001 GTV V6 Nero
2001 156 V6 Monza Rosso
Past
1986 GTV6 Grand Prix
1988 33

grpa9x

Alan,
thanks, i will put off ordering mine until you hear if there are any problems. If you could post up the reply  you get that would be appreciated.
cheers michael :)