Price for Koni Yellows

Started by prova, February 02, 2010, 07:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prova

Hey mate I found this site as well but you would need to ask them if they are B4 or B6 if they are B4 then I think Alfisti might be cheaper 89EUR for a set of 4! The Konis look alright but if you convert to Aussie dollars and then add shipping maybe not so good? $112 US each which is probably about $130AUD x 4 $520 plus postage. Might end up being a bit cheaper but you have to wait plus take the risk of buying internationally.

When it states for GTV6 is this still the same as a 2.0 litre car (are they compatible)?

I'd love to hear from anyone who has used the B4's - anyone?

Ash Gordon

You need to be VERY careful of some websites out there, Loads of counterfeit parts / products out there.. if they are DIRT cheap there is usually a reason why ...

I haven't seen it with car parts as yet but def with sporting goods etc it is everywhere..  Check all the details match up, a quick check is contact phone numbers. I know of a few sites that state they are US based but operate out of China, give away is the dialing code on the contact phone numbers...

anyhow sorry to burst the bubble but the site you have listed doesn't seem to ship to Internationally...

Do you ship internationally?
At the present time we do not ship outside the United States. Please be aware that if you ship your order to a freight forwarding company, we are not responsible for any losses, damage, wrong parts, or missing parts once your package leaves the United States. You will be responsible for all return shipping charges back to the United States should you choose to return your order.

'69 105 1750 GTV White (SLOW work in progress)
'72 105 2000 GTV Green ( Donor Car)

carjunky

I have the B4 shocks on my GTV 6, they are certainly hard enough and were a great improvement. At the 99 euro for the 4 shocks they are a steal. If anything I find them a little hard. Alfisti are a large well known supplier of alfa parts and I highly recommend them.

prova

Thanks 'carjunky' thats all I needed to know. I will be ordering a set tonight. Your a legend for getting back on this thread and passing on your first hand knowledge. Thanks heaps!

Fast Eddie

That's really interesting carjunky as i too was considering the B4's  but they (Alfisti Germany) suggested they would be too soft. 
If you say they are almost too stiff on your GTV6, they will certainly be so on my GTV when paired with GTV6 springs and torsionbars.

But I am probably too late now as Prova will probably get them before i do as i think there is only one last set of B4's left.

Anyone else fitted B4s?
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
77 Alfetta GTV - Group S project - "yellow peril"
86 SudSprint 1.5 - clubsprint car
77 Alfetta GTV - Tarmac rally/Group S
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

Rob Berson

Just received a set of 4 Bilsteins for my Alfetta GTV today. $ 550.00 delivered to my door.
www.shox.com

Rob

Fast Eddie

Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

prova

Well I missed out on the 28mm torsion bars, lowered rear springs and larger rear anti-roll bar offered for free yesterday on the forum - bugger! but I think I have scored really well with the shock absorbers!

Just paid Alfisti via PayPal for a set of four Bilstein B4's, delivered for the paltry sum of $239.89 - oh yeah! I know they will not be as good as a set of adjustable Sport Konis but they are $500 bucks cheaper. Leaves money for other stuff on the car.

When I fit these Shockers I also want to lower the car a little bit. I know the fronts adjustable via the torsion bars - I would like to lower the front around 30mm. Is it okay to remove a coil from the rears or is this dodgy? Will it affect the balance between front and rear? I have noticed lowered King Springs on Ebay (nice price $189). Are my 85 2.0 GTV torsion bars the same diameter as GTV6's. If the GTV6 torsion bars are larger in diameter does anyone have a pair that they would be willing to sell?

What I am trying to say is that I want to lower my car and I would like your advice. I want to do it as economically as possible and end up with a nice warmed over road car - not a track car. I would love to get all this work done before the Autobella on the 21st Feb. Please come and say hello my rego is DG 0888.

More sets of the B4's could be available get on to it fast sounds like a bargain to me!

carjunky

Vince at Pace engineering in Melbourne, I got a set(of rears) $225.00 and they work well with the B4's.

Rob Berson

Fast Eddie

Quote from: prova on February 08, 2010, 10:56:24 PM

Just paid Alfisti via PayPal for a set of four Bilstein B4's, delivered for the paltry sum of $239.89 - oh yeah! I know they will not be as good as a set of adjustable Sport Konis but they are $500 bucks cheaper. Leaves money for other stuff on the car.

Me too and they will be fitted in coming weeks with a set of GTV6 springs and torsion bars that i have picked up for free locally (well for a slab of coldies), so likewise a low cost upgrade given the 'pocket money' racing budget.  Out of curiousity, anyone know off hand, the thickness diff between standard gTV and GTV6 torsion bars?  i think it is something like 24mm to 28mm?
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

Alfalfa

I got quoted a couple months back $608 for a full set of 4 koni sport adjustable and rebuildable shocks. Also with 3 year unlimited kms warranty.

from top performance (local koni distributor) with a car club discount

www.toperformance.com.au
Current:
2009 Ford Focus XR5T
1982 Alfetta GTV 2.0 (out to stud)

Previous:
1986 Nissan Pintara Shaggin Wagon

Jekyll and Hyde

Quote from: Fast Eddie on February 09, 2010, 11:51:01 AM
Me too and they will be fitted in coming weeks with a set of GTV6 springs and torsion bars that i have picked up for free locally (well for a slab of coldies), so likewise a low cost upgrade given the 'pocket money' racing budget.  Out of curiousity, anyone know off hand, the thickness diff between standard gTV and GTV6 torsion bars?  i think it is something like 24mm to 28mm?

Biggest standard torsion bar is 23.something mm.  Fitted to GTV6s and most plastic bumper GTV2.0 with factory A/C.  Earlier GTV bars were 21mm, and I think GT may have had 19mm  :o

prova

Thanks Eddy you have cleared that one up I must have 23mm bars. If I am just tying to curb body roll would it be better fitting larger anti roll bars and leaving the standard torsion bars? I have noticed on Ebay the Selbys bars - are these any good? I have heard the rear bar is a good one to upgrade but I have heard nothing about the front. Anyone want to share some more light on the direction of this thread - as I see it how to upgrade your suspension, simply and without spending a fortune - these aspects keep me in the good books with my wife!

116gtv

Early GTV6 (long) torsion bars are 23.6mm. They are quite useable for a road car. A larger antiroll front bar is easy to fit and is a big improvement over stock. Dont have experience with the Selby bars but cant see why they wouldnt work well. If you then fit stiffer rear springs (again easy to fit) you have a good starting point before touching the rear antiroll bar. Maybe i missed it but what are your intentions with this car?