hey guys! new alfa 156 owner here...

Started by rocklogic, December 10, 2009, 11:15:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rocklogic

Hi guys!

i've been lurking here since ever I wanted to buy a car (a couple of months now); and I've always set my sights on an Alfa Romeo 156. Despite reading about its unreliability; more than "toyota/honda/jap car" service costs and heartbreaks associated with them...one ride on a mate's 156 along the Great Ocean Road sold me. Mind, body and soul literally sold.

2000 156 Selespeed TwinSpark @ 60+k on the mileage. Owner tops up both the selespeed oil as well as the engine oil regularly; and has been serviced pretty often; with a great FSH in there as well. Cost me 9.5k with RWC, and I'm going to put her in the workshop just to get everything checked out.

Just wanted to say a big hello to everyone; and I hope that this will be a start of a relationship with the 156.  ;D
2010 Alfa Romeo 147 2.0TS Rosso Red

past: 2000 Alfa Romeo 156 Selespeed TS

Nicholas Rossi

I had a 2006 Alfa romeo 156 TI it was a beautiful car. then i sold it and bought a 2007 166 ti but i do miss the manual gear box. anyway enjoy the car and best of luck in the future with it.
                                                             Regard Nick ;) ;) ;) ;)

rocklogic

So...almost one month in, and I'm still in love with the car.

Sent her for a cambelt change; refill all the fluids and oil replacement at Cox Auto...changed all 4 tyres as well.

After reading through the forums; I've listed a number of 'to do' things

- car detail (currently only wash + wax)
- tint windows (darkest legal probably)
- paint brake calipers
- saving up for a custom number plate  ;D ;D

I love the interior of the car; and I'm really looking forward to giving her the full monty once I've decided what detailing products to buy. Anyone know a cheap source for car detailing products?

Anyway, here's a pic of my ride - say hi / honk if you see me on the street! I've never seen another 156 in my color - so yeah...  ;)

2010 Alfa Romeo 147 2.0TS Rosso Red

past: 2000 Alfa Romeo 156 Selespeed TS

John Hanslow

I go to Autobarn and purchase Auto Glym products, like a gloss polish and then an extra gloss protection for that showroom finish.  About $15-$20 a bottle.  They have another product for darker modern colours.  Good price balance as I can not affort the investment in wax $100 plus.  Also got great leather cleaner and leather care products. etc.  and other stuff.

There are similar products but the stay away from cheap ones.   
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata