Cruise control

Started by Berlina74, January 05, 2010, 12:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al Campbell

Fast Eddie,

The Command brand still seems to be around and the old ones came with a induction coil and magnet for the prop shaft for the signal and operated the throttle arm using a cable pulling on the throttle lever on the carbies, so should work on a 105.

Gordon just needs to get one that works with non electronic speedos, which is probably most if not all after market models.

AL.

dehne

Quote from: Davidm1750 on January 10, 2010, 07:35:55 PM
hence also I have no interest in Automatics or sillyspeeds etc.
the cruise control i have now is accuatly on a manual 156 the other great advantage and prob the biggest is the i use it alot and have not got a SPEEDING ticket for quite a while "touch wood"
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

Sheldon McIntosh

The original post was simply asking if anyone knew of a cruise control that could be fitted to a 105 series car.

Quote from: Davidm1750 on January 10, 2010, 07:35:55 PM
Dehne, perhaps so for all those boring long straight roads you have over there on the mainland but down here in Tassie there are actually not many such roads, and so hence perhaps in my instance, as commented on before, I have no need for it.  I actually like to be totally in control (well as much as anyone can actually be  ;D) of the operation of my car, hence also I have no interest in Automatics or sillyspeeds etc.

Is all this stuff really necessary?  Yes, Davidm1750, you are more Alfisti-ish than everyone else because you don't need cruise control, or auto, or selespeed, you have our respect.  I've driven my 90 to Sydney twice and I would have loved to have had cruise control.  I've driven an auto 164, and loved the fact that it can cruise on a freeway, and then be slightly entertaining to me on the twisties, while my mum thinks I'm driving slowly.  I can see that a selespeed makes sense to some people.  Obviously this makes me less of an Alfisti than you.

However, I'd be interested to hear about aftermarket cruise control systems.  If you don't like them, maybe you could start a new topic somewhere titled, "why I don't like cruise control"? rather than giving your opinions here when someone only wanted to know if there was a system that would fit his car.  People have been banned from forums for less trolling than this.

Brad M

Quick search of ebay found the type I've had installed before ...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360223777157#ht_1626wt_1105

Command AP60 Cruise Control -  An inexpensive, self-installable cruise control kit designed for standard cable throttle connections and supplied with a Euro-style touch pad control. The AP60 uses a magnet and sensor kit fitted to a drive shaft to monitor and control speed and comes with a full 12 month warranty.

The AP60 fits all local and imported vehicles new and old, including 4WD, FWD, Diesel, carby and any Electronic Fuel Systems vehicles using mechanical throttle control through the accelerator pedal.

For a nominal fee I'll install it into your 90 Sheldon.
06 147 JTD 1.9
76 116 GT 2.0
72 105 GTV 2.0

Gone... 2x 147 GTA, 2x 90, 2x SudSprint

Next? ... http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=17067

Sheldon McIntosh

Sounds good, I hate that drive to Phillip Island and/or Winton.  How much does it weigh?
EDIT $260??  Forget it, I'll get a broom with a shoe on the end.

Berlina74

Thank you Brad and Sheldon. I appreciate your input. I am now on track.
Gordon
1974 Berlina 2000A