Car transport to the Island 2010, Victoria

Started by bob whitehouse, December 18, 2009, 10:02:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob whitehouse

There has been a bit of dialog regarding transport of Alfas to Victoria for the events in March, 2010.
I thought this maybe a good place to collect expressions of interest of people who would want to have their cars moved.
Obviously the level of interest will determine the type of transport that will need to be arranged.

The preliminary notice of the Island 2010 race meeting has been released.

jimnielsen

I am hoping that Brent Hampstead brings the Giulietta back from QLD for a visit!

jim~
'95 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4
'90 Alfa Romeo 33 1.7 IE - my god! I can compete in Trofeo class!! -

hammer

I wouldn't miss it for the world Jim. It's all I've been thinking about for the past few weeks. Guili needs a few repairs before the new season but we'll be ready to roll in March.

See you there.

Brent

Robert. Dale

I am hoping that Andrew Wilson brings his GTV down I would love to see my old Car again and besides that car would almost know it's own way around Phillip Island.

Rob D
Current Alfa
2014 Giulietta Progression TCT

Past Alfas
2013 Mito Progression TCT
1985 GTV 2.00L
2004 147 Selespeed
2000 156 Selespeed88
75TS(Road/Track)
84GTV6
81 GTV (Under 2Lt Sports Sedan Race Car) Should never have sold it
82 Alfetta 2.0 Sedan
83 GTV
74 Alfetta 1.8

Gary Pearce

Gee, there's a challenge. Brent against Jim, and Andrew against Rob at Phillip Island. I'd like to see that.
1966 Giulia GTC
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce
1974 Metalic Green Montreal
1966 Giulia Super Blue
1980 Mazda B1800
1989 MX5
2013 MB C250 Coupe

John A Pucak

Bob, how many cars do need to be transported to P.I from say Brisbane?
John

bob whitehouse

Quote from: John A Pucak on December 19, 2009, 02:00:05 AM
Bob, how many cars do need to be transported to P.I from say Brisbane?
John
Hi John: We are not sure of the numbers as yet, this is why we have started this thread as a centeralised area where we can field expressions. We will probably be looking to move about 8 cars.
Do you have any suggestions as to who we could contact for a quote to move these cars?

Regards....Bob

MD

Bob,

Like Hammer needs to do some work on the Joolie, Mark has yet to refit the original engine in the Brick which I beleive will be done in January 2010. Spoke to him recently and he had an interest to go but I suggest a direct confirmation with him regarding the trucking arrangments.

Haven't had a chance to see your car run yet but  I am looking forward to !

Cheers , Mike
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

Gusto

Bob, I'd be interested in geting my car transported to Phillip Island from Brisbane only if it get's delivered to the track, not a depot in melbourne. It would be less hassle to tow it from mackay.
Regards,
Angus Saunders.

Morrissey

Bob.

I have a contact at Ceva Logistics, I have asked him for a quote for our Alfa, I will see what I can acheive for approx 8.  If you wish to speak to me further please contact me on 0407 742 011

Thanks
Lee
Drive it like you stole it!

hammer

Bob,

I will be towing my car to Phillip Island. Looking to leave early Wednesday, March 10 to drive down the Newell Highway, with an overnight stop in Dubbo or Parkes, if anyone is interested in a convoy. I'm keen to arrive at the Island on Thursday afternoon/evening to have a rest day on Friday before the action kicks off on Saturday.

Cheers,

Brent

OzMidnight

I used Door-to-Door Car Carrying from Newcastle to Brisbane for both car and trailer and I found them good to deal with.  The car arrived parked on the trailer on their truck.  I just hooked it up and drove it off.