Interior light troubles with 75

Started by sud35, December 14, 2009, 01:34:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sud35

Hi Guys,

My interior light is playing up.  Without the ignition on, it works normally, comes on when you open the door, goes off after a delay when you close the door.  Problem is that whenever the ignition is on, the interior light comes on, it's driving me nuts, especially at night!!

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Jason.
Jason Doyle
79 Alfasud Ti - Sports Sedan
88 75 TS

75V6

Do you have an alarm that work with keyless entry in the car? It seems odd that the interior light would be on when you switch on the ignition unless someone has tampered with or altered the factory wiring.

sud35

Quote from: alfa4me on December 14, 2009, 05:24:42 PM
Do you have an alarm that work with keyless entry in the car? It seems odd that the interior light would be on when you switch on the ignition unless someone has tampered with or altered the factory wiring.

There had been an alarm fitted years ago, but that's not connected any more. It's been fine for the 15 years we've owned it, just started doing this in the last 12 months.  The only other thing I can think of is that the windscreen seal had a leak (which is now fixed), and there was evidence of water getting into the area where the roof switches are.  The button for the interior light is up there, I've disconnected it but the light still comes on with the ignition...

I might have a look under the dash where the alarm panel was fitted and see if any wire connections are loose.

Cheers, Jason.
Jason Doyle
79 Alfasud Ti - Sports Sedan
88 75 TS