Windscreen for 105

Started by pep105, December 05, 2009, 10:52:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pep105

Hi,
Any ideas on where to source a windscreen for a 105 Gt Junior and how much
Current one was laminated and band tinted, it also cracked while it was being removed  :)
Thanks
Pep

Current
'74 GT 1600 Junior  (Currently under restoration)
'84 Alfetta GCL Sedan
'02 Vespa ET4 150
'05 GT 3.2
Past
'82 Fiat 131 Superbrava Mk II
'82 Alfetta GTV 2.0
'88 75 Twinspark
'80 Alfetta Sedan
'02 147 Twinspark

njh1964

Hi Pep,

Last time I checked (about 12 months ago) both O'Brien's Glass and National Windscreens could supply and fit 105 windscreens, but I think the price of the glass was around $300-$350, plus fitting.

Cheers,

Nick
Now:
1968 Alfa Romeo GT 1300 Junior - Complete Restoration Project
2002 Alfa Romeo 147 Twin Spark - Track Day Car
Previously:
1974 Alfasud TI - First Car

Ash Gordon

I also tried Obriens and was quoted about the $300 mark, this was about 4 yrs back though. It may take some searching as they were going to have to ship one over from Perth.

I ended up ringing some of the smaller places and paid $190 fitted on site. Will try to find the paperwork and let you know the details of the place.
'69 105 1750 GTV White (SLOW work in progress)
'72 105 2000 GTV Green ( Donor Car)

Ash Gordon

Superior Windscreens
Factory 3, 72 - 80 Hampstead Road
Maidstone 3012
ph (03) 93188877

$190 Cash.

Mind you just noted the date on the invoice - 24/09/04, price may have increased a little.

They are listed in the yellow pages and also online : http://www.superiorwindscreens.com.au/

'69 105 1750 GTV White (SLOW work in progress)
'72 105 2000 GTV Green ( Donor Car)

pep105

Thanks Guys,
Ash that price seems very reasonable, no doubt it may have gone up but it would still be cheap.
Hopefully they do one without the band tint as it would look more original. 

Another item to add to the resto parts list, was thinking of changing the windscreen anyway, and by breaking it it just ensures it gets done ;) should thank the slimy worm who glued it in.......
At least theres no rust..........in that area 
Id rather destroy the windscreen than the anodised trim as these are NLA.

Thanks again Nick & Ash
Current
'84 Alfetta GCL Sedan
'02 Vespa ET4 150
'05 GT 3.2
Past
'82 Alfetta GTV 2.0
'88 75 Twinspark
'80 Alfetta Sedan
'02 147 Twinspark

tuf105

Regarding the anodised trim.........not so..........
http://www.classicalfa.com/shop/category28_1.htm

More and more stuff is becoming available for these models (at a price :().

Frank.

Sportscar Nut

Guys

Regarding the front & rear windscreen factory original anodised trim, can the plastic cover be removed and then polished? The trim on my 105 is marked but not bent or warped and was hoping I could polish the marks out (using something like Autosol). Use Autosol on all 105 stainless trim and comes up fantastic.

Has anyone tried to polish their original trim?

Agree that US$600 is a bit pricey for repo trim!

Thanks
Paul

cjheath

If you polish anodised aluminium, it's not anodized any more and that bit will look different. if you want to straighten it and re-polish it, you'll need to clean the whole thing back to bare metal and get it re-anodised.

When I restored my car, I made the mistake of trying to remove the trim while the windscreen was installed, and had the devil's own job getting it straight again. If you do remove it, remove it after removing the rubber from the car.

pep105

Yes I was told by a trusted source not to remove the trim with screens in place. Ive seen a few 105s without them so seems theyve either been damaged or the trim hard to source.

However seems they are now available again albeit a bit pricey - thanks for the info Frank, youve been a busy 105 investigater, and posting during working hours hey  :) cheeky, busted again....... ;)

POC the same (trusted) source also told me the what cjheath has confirmed re polishing ie dont do it as it wont look the same.
Current
'84 Alfetta GCL Sedan
'02 Vespa ET4 150
'05 GT 3.2
Past
'82 Alfetta GTV 2.0
'88 75 Twinspark
'80 Alfetta Sedan
'02 147 Twinspark

Sportscar Nut

Thanks guys for the info on the anodised inserts.

Will put off any work until windscreen comes out of car as also want to replace rubbers! Might have to save my pennies for this job!

Regards
Paul