New GTV6 Owner

Started by MattB, November 25, 2009, 08:41:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MattB

Hi Everyone
Just bought an Alfa GTV6 on ebay interstate, sight unseen. Yes you may say I am a little crazy but I have been a life long fan of Alfa's. I can't wait for the long drive to pick it up on the weekend and to get it back on the road and experience the driving pleasure that all of you have over the years. Any tips on where to find a good mechanic around Forest Hill? Cheers Matt

Simon Aarons

Hi Matt. GTV6's are awesome!! Glad you chose the right car ;)

I take mine to Hugh Harrison down at Monza Motors in Bayswater (ph.9729 9946), i don't think there is anything he doesn't know about the gtv6.

1986 GTV6 3.0L

MattB

Grean thanks Simon I wil look him up.

Joey

I was thinking about bidding on your very car! but decided on one up in Lismore instead. How is it?

MattB

Hi Joey
Have not seen it yet I am taking the 1800km round trip on Saturday. From talking to the owner and some extra pics he has sent me it looks OK. I won't know what needs to be done until I get it home and how much work needs for a roadworthy. Interior looks clean and exterior needs some minor work. Motor has been rebuilt. I will hopefully get it on the road for Xmas.
regards
Matt

Sportscar Nut

Congratulations on the GTV6 purchase - considering purchasing a GTV6 race car myself! For Alfa work, I would recommend Beninca Motors in Surrey Hills as have used them for over 20 years and can only praise their work and knowledge. Close to where you live too!

Phone 9836 1519; www.beninca.com.au/; 581 Canterbury Rd Surrey Hills

MattB

Thanks Paul, I have heard they are good.

MattB

Well after 18 hrs driving and 1700km finally got the GTV6 back home - thankfully towed like a dream. It was worth it also on Sunday that it started 1st try. I was told the engine had  been rebuilt but never started. I was over the moon. I also now understand what I have heard about the purr of the engine. A sweet sound. Now I have to get to work on getting it ready to drive. I need a drivers side mirror if anyone knows where I can get one from? It also need a rear view mirror - plenty more i'm sure but need a few things so I can get it on the road.

regards
Matt

MattB

Fantastic Mick thanks, I'll give them a call, I may need to keep in touch with you if you are only around the corner. Never owning an Alfa before I'm a little cautious as to take the car to. I am really happy I joined this forum. Thanks again. Matt