75 Manifold Bolt thread question

Started by Colin Byrne, November 24, 2009, 04:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin Byrne

Hi guys
Never thought I'd be posting In this section ;D
Odd question, does anyone know the thread type for the banjo bolt at the rear of the inlet manifold of the 75 twin spark (fitting has the outlets to heater and expansion tank).  I'm in the process of rebuilding my motor and the bolt was corroded badly and sheared off.  I managed to save the manifold but need clean up the thread and get/make a new bolt.  It looks to me to be M16 x 1.5 (Metric Fine) if anyone could confirm this that would be great
Cheers
72' 105 2000 GTV Red (tarmac rally/race car)
74' 105 2000 GTV Blue (road car)
68' 105 1600 Giulia Super White (Not sure yet)
01' Nissan Pathfinder (Tow car/Alfa support vehicle)

MD

Colin,

Sorry I can't help you with the thread details. I just wanted to say that if you get desperate and can't get the info, you could always weld up the damaged thread,then drill and tap whatever thread you need. Naturally the thread info is the cheapest option.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

Andrew Bose

Colin, try going to a bolt shop and for a couple of dollars they should be able to give you three different pitch bolt e.g. M16x1, M16x1.5 and M16x1.75 and try them in thread, or, find a friend with a pitch gauge and it should be plain sailing from there.
Andrew

Neil Choi

Hi Colin

I have a set of die and thread cleaner thingy bob, including a pitch gaugey thing that you can use.

Can bring to club meeting or somewhere.

Neil

Colin Byrne

Hi guys
thanks for the response's, managed to get my thread gauge into the manifold and just for the record the thread is M16 x 1.5 (metric fine), After a trip down to the bolt shop and 10 minutes on the lathe/mill had a nice new banjo bolt  :)
72' 105 2000 GTV Red (tarmac rally/race car)
74' 105 2000 GTV Blue (road car)
68' 105 1600 Giulia Super White (Not sure yet)
01' Nissan Pathfinder (Tow car/Alfa support vehicle)