Is there interest in a Run/Spectator Area at the Phillip Island Classic?

Started by Scott Farquharson, December 08, 2006, 06:02:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Farquharson

In previous years the VHRR has roped off an area for AROCA members to watch the racing at the Phillip Island Classic.  If there is interest in a run down there on Sun and using this area, I will talk to the VHRR about keeping us an area on the main straight - it should be a great weekend - there should be over 15 Alfa's competing including at least 5 from Vic including at least a couple of Vic Grp S debut's = the usual contingent of overseas exotics.  The event is the weekend of 9,10,11 March.
Scott Farquharson
Group A Dulux Alfetta GTV6
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

Fast Eddie

Rob S has hopefully re-acquired our space as part of the Shannon's walk opposite the pits so it owuld be nice to keep them as close as possible if not together and the more space the merrier.
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
77 Alfetta GTV - Group S project - "yellow peril"
86 SudSprint 1.5 - clubsprint car
77 Alfetta GTV - Tarmac rally/Group S
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

Scott Farquharson

This is the space I was referring to.  I will talk with Rob and the VHRR to make sure he gets the same spot.
Scott Farquharson
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

Evan Bottcher

Last years club display as part of the Shannon's walk was excellent - Alfas were on display both Saturday and Sunday.  I believe Rob has had us booked in the same spot again for a couple of months at least we can confirm Wed night.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Victor Lee

There are apparently several Alfas coming from both QLD and NSW.  Should try to coordinate with them as well?
Current Alfas:  Alfa 159 3.2lt Q4; Alfetta GTV6; ES30 SZ (all V6s!);  2015 4C LE.
Past Alfas:      '02 156 2.0lt JTS; '84 Alfetta GTV6; '82 Alfetta GTV 2.0; '85 Alfa 33 1.5 GCL single carb

Scott Farquharson

I have been in touch with the guys who are competing and they will be in the green paddock over by Honda.  Not sure about the road car guys.
Scott Farquharson
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)