Sports seats

Started by Mr Frog, October 27, 2009, 05:16:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Frog

Can anyone tell me whether  aftermarket sports seats can be fitted to my 105 coupe, and if so which brand/model and suggestions about how to go about it (I'm in Cairns and will most likely have to do it myself given the lack of Alfa expertise here).

Fast Eddie

i think you will find nothing fits "off the shelf" and all need some sort of bracket modification which i have had to do in the past but curious what others have to say too as i am looking to fit racing seats into my Alfetta GTV (again)
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
77 Alfetta GTV - Group S project - "yellow peril"
86 SudSprint 1.5 - clubsprint car
77 Alfetta GTV - Tarmac rally/Group S
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

scuzzyGTV

i'll have to check with dad, but i seem to recall his seats (daytona?) fitted pretty easitly, using the original runners in his 1750.
81 GTV 2.0 - Red

alfagtv100 (Biggus)

I am using an Autotecnica Monza EVO seat.  This fits the 105 seat rails with minimal modifications.
Cheers,
Marco
Marco Leoncelli
2017 Giulia. Yeah, baby.
1971 1750 GTV Coupe Series II
Past: 2008 159 Ti V6 3.2, RenaultSport Clio 182 (smuf blue).

Mr Frog

can you tell me what the required modifictions are: i am renovating my original seats and then putting them away for a while, so i don't want to modify the original set-up irreversibly. I was looking at things like momo, or obx or sparco, etc, but although a rough measurement indicates they may fit, there are questions like snagging on belt anchors, whether completely new rails are needed, whether new rail mounting points are needed, and if so where, how, etc etc. thanks.

105s alive alfa parts

Hi i put in Autotechnica seats, i brought the runners seperate and they went strait in with no mods, the main thing you have to becareful of when buying sports seats for the 105 is the shoulder wing on the seat hits the door on the drivers side because it mounted closer to the door then the pasanger side because the tunnel is off center, daytona cobra seats also go in with no fuss but the shoulder wing does touch the door on some of the seats. hope this helps
Ang
1970 1750 Concourse
1971 1750 (modified club racer)
1965 mustang fastback (i crossed to the dark side)
Wrecking: 3x 1750 series 2 gtv, 1750 Berlina

alfagtv100 (Biggus)

Quote from: Mr Toad on October 28, 2009, 10:38:22 AM
can you tell me what the required modifictions are:
Not much.
I removed the cover on the right of the seat and ground back the fibreglass.  Now the door closes with out striking the seat.
I also added spacers to a couple of the floor mounting points.  This keeps the seat level and eliminates seat wobble.
So the car was not modified.  Just the seat.
Cheers,
Marco.
Marco Leoncelli
2017 Giulia. Yeah, baby.
1971 1750 GTV Coupe Series II
Past: 2008 159 Ti V6 3.2, RenaultSport Clio 182 (smuf blue).

alfagtv58

Although not in a 105.....I bought the cheap seats (story of my life!), which have the bolt mounts underneath (the more expensive ones are on the side).  So I got some Aluminum plate (roughly 50mm wide and 10mm thick from memory??) cut it to length and bolted it to the floor (running between trans tunnel and door), then bolted the seats to the plate......I used some taper allen head bolts and load spreading washers that are used in Karting to mount seats to the chassis brackets.  And of course, I had some extensions done to get height as best as I could.
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Mr Frog

much appreciated. all things will soon be go go go.