Our very own "barn find"...

Started by Evan Bottcher, November 26, 2006, 11:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pancho

B pillar door seal frame- holds the gasket where the door frame side face closes against the body.

Evan Bottcher

Quote from: pancho on August 15, 2011, 08:53:53 PM
B pillar door seal frame- holds the gasket where the door frame side face closes against the body.

Incorrect  :)
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

pancho

Do I get another chance? I can only think that it might be located at the base of either Front or rear windscreen

Evan Bottcher

Bingo.  The trim that sits at the back of the rear parcel shelf, just below the glass.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

pancho

Did it get missed during the bodywork stage or is it put on after the body is done for some reason?

Evan Bottcher

It's rivetted to the rear parcel shelf (the vinyl covered one) which is then screwed in.  Painted black - wrinkle paint by the look of it.

There's some air vents in the metalwork just in front of the rear window glass.  Presumably these allowed a little air to flow from the boot and keep the rear window de-misted.  This trim was in front of those vents.

All of this was missing on my car, the parcel shelf replaced with a 1/2" sheet of craftwood covered in carpet.  Attached images of my replacement.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

branko.gt

Quote from: Evan Bottcher on August 15, 2011, 09:23:26 PM
There's some air vents in the metalwork just in front of the rear window glass.  Presumably these allowed a little air to flow from the boot and keep the rear window de-misted. 

There was a factory optional rear windscreen demister that was a small fan mounted in the boot and blowing air through those vents. That was before they came up with the heated rear screen :-).

Simon Bidese

Evan,

I'm not sure if its just me but what's that at the bottom of image 27 and the top of image 28.  Its looks like an item of your mrs wardrobe got stuck nearby the sawing machine when the parcel shelf as done :)

Cheers

Simon

cjheath

Quote from: Evan Bottcher on August 15, 2011, 08:38:38 PM
...and this metal trim which I got the other day thanks to a kind benefactor.  Chocolate fish for the first to identify it?

It goes around the back of the rear parcel shelf.

Evan Bottcher

Quote from: cjheath on August 16, 2011, 04:20:12 PM
It goes around the back of the rear parcel shelf.

Err... did you miss Pancho's reply?  :D
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

cjheath

Quote from: Evan Bottcher on August 16, 2011, 05:09:39 PM
did you miss Pancho's reply?  :D

Yes, sorry. Browser tab was still open from last night, and I didn't refresh before replying. Sorry.

Evan Bottcher

Received this nice reproduction steering column shroud via AlfaBB.  I'm sadly addicted to the for sale postings.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

Krishnan Pasupathi

Howdy Evan,

Looks like your collection of bits is going well!

I saw you posted that you picked up the chrome console trim from Highwood Alfa and did the same. Have you happened to fit it yet? I'm at trying to fit mine and wondering are you supposed to heat it to get it to form around curves or is heating it going to destroy it?

Cheers

pancho

You're not alone Evan, thankfully I only have a handful of items to organise/find now.

Has the trimmer got the car yet?

Evan Bottcher

Quote from: Krishnan Pasupathi on August 24, 2011, 08:08:51 AM
I saw you posted that you picked up the chrome console trim from Highwood Alfa and did the same. Have you happened to fit it yet? I'm at trying to fit mine and wondering are you supposed to heat it to get it to form around curves or is heating it going to destroy it?

There aren't any really curved parts on the 1750 console, just the strips up each side.  Maybe ask Chris?
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV