Alfetta GTV

Started by Nicholas Rossi, November 02, 2009, 08:46:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicholas Rossi

Its me again, what I failed to mention in my introduction is that this not my first Alfa Romeo. My first in the 1970s was a Alfasud, followed by a Alfasud ti. In the 80's a 1978 Guilietta 1.8 then and Alfasud Sprint in 1987. In 1996 a 164 thne in 1999 a GTV 6 Grand Prix and in 2006 a 156 ti 2 litre, in 07 a 166 ti, the last of the series and this year the 1978 GTV. All my Alfas have been reliable because of preventitive maintenance and knowing where to get work carried out. I have used Peter Stapleton in Ballarat Victoria for every Alfa I have owned. I used the Benninca brothers in Surry Hills for modifications on my GTV 6 Grand Prix and you cant go past Turin Imports in Adelaide for parts. On a recent trip to the Bay to Birdwood in South Australia I booked my car into Italservice in Bowden for Louigi to tune and rebush the Watts link, there work was also excellent. Louigi's father I learned was sent by Milan to Australia in 1967 to train Alfa Romeo mechanics in Australia, a works mechanic if you like. In the end, these cars are a precision instrument, sure theit interiors in many instances leave a bit to be desired in regards to fit and finish but the majority of the Alfa budget was spent on engineering leaving precious little for German standards of fit and finish. The joy of ownership is lifting the bonnet, checking the oil and water. looking for oil leaks etc on a regular basis and if you nail any problems properly when found then these cars will continue to charm you. Treat you Alfa like a beautiful woman and it will, like here repay you tenfold. Regards Nick R.

Fast Eddie

great collection and history.  Any pics of the current one?  What do you intend to do with it if anything?
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
77 Alfetta GTV - Group S project - "yellow peril"
86 SudSprint 1.5 - clubsprint car
77 Alfetta GTV - Tarmac rally/Group S
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

Nicholas Rossi

Yes i would post some pics but i don't know how. could any one help me

ItalCarGuy

When you go to post a reply or start a new thread there is some blue text at the bottom that says 'Additional Options'. You can then browse your computer and attach the files. There is a maximum file size that you can attach though so you may need to resize them. You can also link to images on the web or youtube etc by the buttons at the top in the message dialog box.

Nicholas Rossi

this is the only small one