Hi Everyone - New Member First Time Alfa Owner

Started by Simon Zarb, November 14, 2006, 11:48:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Zarb

Hi All,

Just purchased my first Alfa Romeo on the weekend, an 03 156 JTS Selespeed with Sunroof and leather in Proteo Red.

This is the first time I have owned an Alfa but have always been a fan of them.

Previously owned Peugeots in the family and still do. My previous car was an 04 206 GTi180, loved the car but needed something bigger and the 156 suits my needs perfectly. Just trying to come to terms with how all the switches work.

Just thought Id drop a line and say Hi and hope my Alfa experience is as good as my Peugeot one.

Cheers,

Simon

Fast Eddie

Welcome Simon.
If you are free, drop into our "SPETTACOLO" event @ Como Park this sunday and if early enough, park your car in our display even if you dont want ot be judged for the "modern" trophy.  It's one of our biggest annual events.
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
77 Alfetta GTV - Group S project - "yellow peril"
86 SudSprint 1.5 - clubsprint car
77 Alfetta GTV - Tarmac rally/Group S
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

Simon Zarb

Hi Edward,

Thanks for your Welcome,

Sounds good see if I can spare some time in the morning to come down and have a look.

Cheers,

Simon

Pete Y

Do come, it's a great way to get a feel and understanding for the history and passion of AR. Plus, you can check out the 156's grandpa, the 1750 Berlina :D

Mini/'02/Mini/2000 GTV/1750 Berlina/Alfasud Sprint/900 Aero/NB MX5/Punto/Mondeo XR5/up!/MiTo TCT

Evan Bottcher

Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Simon Zarb

Quote from: Evan Bottcher on December 05, 2006, 06:56:12 PM
So Simon - did you make it to Spettacolo?

Hi Evan,

No I did not, I had other plans on the day, but I would have preferred being there.

I am actually considering becoming a member of the club. I have been a member of the PCCV with a few years now, and my mechanic Sam from Spencer Street Automobiles told me to join up with the Alfa Club cause they have some good event days.

So will fill out the forms and send away soon.

Hope to attend the next club event.

Cheers,

Simon

alfanut

Welcome Simon,

Hope you do join the club.  There's nothing like sharing your experiences regarding your car with like minded people.  The Victorian Alfa club are a great group of people!

Congratulations on your purchase.  I hope you are really happy with it.

Cheers  ;D
Ban low performance drivers NOT high performance cars!
ALFA = Always Looking For Another....5 & counting!!

Anth73

Hi Simon,

I'm also considering a JTS spec 156, not sure about the Selespeed though. How are you finding it?  I'd also be interested in knowing a little more about your particular car like how many km's it had done and roughly what you paid for it.

Send me a message on this forum if you don't want to post details back in this thread.

Cheers,
Anth
Now:
2012 Giulietta QV
1982 GTV6 3L fast road build
1966 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce...the long term project
1970 1750 GTV project car for sale

Then:
2002 156 2.5V6 Manual
2012 159 2.4JTDm Sportwagon
1973 2000 GTV with a 1750 rear half...that was a shame!
Alfa 90 (only for its engine mounts)

Simon Zarb

Quote from: Anthony Gugel on December 29, 2006, 05:08:03 PM
Hi Simon,

I'm also considering a JTS spec 156, not sure about the Selespeed though. How are you finding it?  I'd also be interested in knowing a little more about your particular car like how many km's it had done and roughly what you paid for it.

Send me a message on this forum if you don't want to post details back in this thread.

Cheers,
Anth

PM Sent

Cheers,

Simon