Aftermarket wiring harness'

Started by scuzzyGTV, September 15, 2009, 10:26:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scuzzyGTV

just wondering if anyone has used an aftermarket wiring harness in their resto's/upgrades here.

i am concearned about my wiring as one day, before i decommissioned it, my gtv's choke cable touched the engine bay, shorted and set the plastic cable shroud on fire. so as such i'd like to use some new un-italian wires.

any suggestions on what to use/not to use? i have seen on alfabb that painless systems have been used in the states, any local stuff available?

thanks in advance

scott.
81 GTV 2.0 - Red

greengtv8

I've fitted one of those 'Painless' kits to a car at work, and it was alright, is kinda good for older cars, wasn't fantastic, bit basic, but did the job with not to much tweaking, but personally, i plan to just make my own when i get round to it...
Little green Alfetta gtv 1982
Fitted with:
Lexus V8 4Ltr
Supra w58 g/box
LS400 IRS rear susp.& 8 1/2' diff
Coil over's all round
Nissan R32 Front brakes
Peddle box,balance bar & adj.bias valve's
9 point roll cage(inc. engine bay)
Custom Extractors & exhaust
Custom body kit & under tray

scuzzyGTV

yeah i did think they looked a bit basic, but i'm also fairly poor when it comes to electricity.

i'll have a chat with a sparky mate and see what is involved in making one of our own. i would assume that we can use the wiring diagram and some different coloured/sized cables. failing his, it should still be a lot better to use painless than alfa!
81 GTV 2.0 - Red

alfagtv58

Check out scotts old auto rubber website, I believe they do wiring harnesses.  No idea of quality or if they even do Alfa's but worth a look ???
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti