Supersprint system for my GTV6 has arrived

Started by carjunky, September 15, 2009, 06:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carjunky

Finally my full exhaust system from Supersprint has arrived, I think I am the first worldwide to have it.
I have only replaced the rear exhaust  so far as I will need to allocate a day or 2 to put on the exhaust manifolds, downpipes and centre exhaust  and I wanted to compare how it sounded to the Ansa  already fitted, I don't know if it is imagination or not but the car seemed to respond better, and the sound, so much more refined and maybe a little louder with a much smoother raspy sound. I was surprised as I didn't think it could get better. The exhaust is half the weight . It has a single outlet that hangs down, maybe not to some peoples liking, but is closer to the original look .

Mat Francis

Would love to hear a sound clip/ video when it is done  :)

And it doesn't matter if you were imagining it or not- the point is it feels faster = more fun. reality can get stuffed
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie

carjunky

The headers and downpipes are now fitted, the performance difference is amazing,much better than I expected, and the sound is fantastic.Instant throttle response and much better to drive.

JOHN G

You sound very happy  ;D I am interested can you supply the following facts ?

Is this a full stainless or are only the headers stainless?

Data on pipes size od etc

Pricing and shipping to Oz?

Dyno sheet before and after?

Thank You

John

Present
ALFA 75 3.0
BMW X5 M

Past
Alfa  75 3.0 qv Potenziata (Black) Concours
Alfa GTV6 GP 3.0
Alfa GTV6 GP 2.5 Concours
Alfa GTV6 SA 3.3 AHMotorsport 250Hp ATW (Grey)
Alfa GTV6 3.0 (Black)

carjunky

Just the headers are stainless steel. The primaries are 38.1 mm, and then all 3 go into a merge collector that is about 85mm in diameter. but the primaries are 38.1mm in diameter all the way unlike the stock manifolds. Price approx $3,600.00 for the full system. I think it is just the headers and downpipes that release the extra power and torque.. No before and after. The result gave me more than I expected to feel as I was hoping for about 15 hp the same as the CSC headers . I don't think I would be as impressed if the increase was only 10%(15 hp). However it could be a huge increase in torque that I can feel as the car really pulls now. It is as if I am half a gear lower now. I have read some people can't feel that much difference with the CSC headers and downpipes even though it is widely recognised the CSC headers do give an extra 15hp. I was going to do a dyno before and after and if I had  any idea that it would feel so different I would have because power is a very subjective thing without a true test. But I am more than pleased with the headers.

Simon Aarons

Any chance for some photos or videos please?  :)
1986 GTV6 3.0L