Clutch Oil

Started by Red Devil GTV6, July 28, 2009, 09:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Devil GTV6

Hi All,

What is the recommended clutch oil to use for a GTV6??

Also does anyone have instructions on how to remove the Clutch Slave Cylinder?

Cheers

Storm_X

its pretty easy two bolts hold it and unscrew the oil line. but the thing is when i did mine i had to lower the rear of the trans axel witch means taking the exhaust off unbolting the tailshaft etc etc its a pain in the ass but i have done it so many times.

i have to drop the rear of the trans axel this weekend as the bolts to the gearbox mounts have fallen out on the clutch slave cyliners side so i will take a few pics for you if u want.
"Alfa Romeo built to excite.. Some dream of driving the ideal.. I drive it"

Jekyll and Hyde

Quote from: Storm_X on July 30, 2009, 08:03:02 PM
its pretty easy two bolts hold it and unscrew the oil line. but the thing is when i did mine i had to lower the rear of the trans axel witch means taking the exhaust off unbolting the tailshaft etc etc its a pain in the ass but i have done it so many times.

i have to drop the rear of the trans axel this weekend as the bolts to the gearbox mounts have fallen out on the clutch slave cyliners side so i will take a few pics for you if u want.

Correct, but not for this car.  He said GTV6, not 4 cylinder.  Exhaust is on the other side, and the slave is simply held into a bolted on casting (at the middle of the transaxle) by two circlips (rather than being bolted into the clutch housing like a 4 cyl).  Remove the front circlip, and you can slide the cylinder straight out the back, and undo the hose from it.  No dropping transaxle, no exhaust removal, simply one circlip and the hose.  Will all become clear once you take a look at it under the car.

As far as fluid, any decent brand DOT4 brake fluid will be fine - and you may find, depending on the year of your car, that the clutch master actually takes its fluid from the brake reservoir.