WANTED: Carello fog lights

Started by kartone, July 05, 2009, 08:36:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kartone

Having lived in Milan in the sixties, due to the constant fog during the winter most cars were fitted with front fog lights.
Does anyone know which fog lights were fitted to Alfettas, the apperance and location of the switch ?
Many thanks.
82 GTV6 split-dash
80 Alfetta GTV

John A Pucak

Being lucky enough to have owned a brand new 1985 GTV 2.0 and still own it!. I have looked at the original accessories booklet that came with my car.
Yes, the foggies are Carello, they were originally mounted just under the front bumper slightly inboard from the blinker lenses. The Carello fog lamps
were rectangular in shape (circa 1980s), and the switch was mounted on the dash panel under the main instrument cluster. Good Luck if you can find a
set.
John

kartone

Thanks John. Any chance you can scan & post the relevant pages of the booklet illustrating the light & switch position; I am also interested in the look of the switch.
82 GTV6 split-dash
80 Alfetta GTV

pep105

Well this is interesting my 1982 GTV had a set, rectangular front fog lights fitted under the front bumper, looked to be factory only seen one other GTV with them, so they were extremly rare. Think they were Carellos

Mine had the split dash so the switch(s) was below the hazard switch, there was 2 switches, one for the front fogs one for the rear fog light. The switch was circular with amber illumination housed in a small binnicle, with a foglight symbol.

Now this is the interesting part, car is long gone but I might still have these lights. The car was resprayed some 14 years ago, but the dimbulb of a panel beater friend of mine lost the mounts for them and they never went back on the car. Had meant to fabricate a set of mounts but never got around to it.

I have a box of GTV 'bits' in my dads garage, they just might be in there, although I might have thrown them out at some stage so not sure.

Ill have a look and let you know if your interested, also I have a picture of the car with them (somewhere) if I find that Ill scan it and attach it

Cheers
Pep
Current
'74 GT 1600 Junior  (Currently under restoration)
'84 Alfetta GCL Sedan
'02 Vespa ET4 150
'05 GT 3.2
Past
'82 Fiat 131 Superbrava Mk II
'82 Alfetta GTV 2.0
'88 75 Twinspark
'80 Alfetta Sedan
'02 147 Twinspark

kartone

Pep, thanks for the information. In Italy, due to regulations in the '70s and probably part of the '80s, the front fog lights and rear could be operated separately thus the two switches with different symbols.
Let me know what you have including any photos.
82 GTV6 split-dash
80 Alfetta GTV

pep105

Hey Kartone,

Bad news is fog lights were thrown away, but did find one lense!, beats me how the hell I ended up with just one lense, still searching for photos. Do you want it ?

Probably useless but you never know

Ohh also found an oil pressure sender, electronic speedo sensor/sender and a flasher can let me know you can have that as well

Pep
Current
'84 Alfetta GCL Sedan
'02 Vespa ET4 150
'05 GT 3.2
Past
'82 Alfetta GTV 2.0
'88 75 Twinspark
'80 Alfetta Sedan
'02 147 Twinspark

UNICO

Pep

Would the oil pressure sender fit a GTV6? If so, will that fix the flickering of my oil pressure gauge?

Ed

pep105

Hey Ed,

Sorry forgot about you and the GTV6, Ive got some other tit bits from my old 2L that might be compatable as well. Not sure if senders the same on the V6 but we could check, does she always flicker?  PM me or come past

P.S Saw your car today and its still filthy ! 

Pep
Current
'84 Alfetta GCL Sedan
'02 Vespa ET4 150
'05 GT 3.2
Past
'82 Alfetta GTV 2.0
'88 75 Twinspark
'80 Alfetta Sedan
'02 147 Twinspark