AROCA Motorkhana

Started by a sharp, June 03, 2009, 10:18:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

a sharp

Sunday July 26
AROCA Motorkhana
Gilman's reserve Werribee
This will be the first dirt Motorkhana AROCA has run in years, so come along and have a ball, BBQ on the day entry is fee to all AROCA members, The Fiat club will also be coming along.  As with all Motorkhanas this is a great opportunity to bring along your soon to be driving juniors for some safe car control lessons with experienced instructors on hand to offer advice, entry is open to all members 12 and over. Supp Regs out soon. For information contact Anthony membership@alfaclubvic.org.au

Craig Sinclair

Check out the attached clip as a suggestion for a "super test". Phil, is the Subie up for it?  :)
http://www.youtube.com:80/watch?v=HQ7R_buZPSo
Current: 2012 Toyota 86
1976 Alfetta GT
Previous Alfa ownership:
1980 Alfetta Sedan
1977 Alfetta GTV
33 Quadrifoglio

Craig Sinclair

I see that this clip is doing the rounds and has already been posted. I can watch it twice!
Current: 2012 Toyota 86
1976 Alfetta GT
Previous Alfa ownership:
1980 Alfetta Sedan
1977 Alfetta GTV
33 Quadrifoglio

a sharp

Entries are open and Supp Regs are now out. Anthony

a sharp

We are near a full field, so if you are coming please submit an entry now. Attached are the preposed test for the day. If you have non members ( $5) or non competitor coming along please advise me so we can cater for them at the BBQ.

WilliamB1750

I went along, as I couldn't stay the full day so (as a newbie) I thought I could say hello and observe. But Bruno and Mick and others deciced I should have a go anyway. So I joined the group on the nearside course and had a couple of runs. Really really good fun. Got to make sure I can do the full day next time.
That was my first ever participation in an event of any kind, and its great.
Many thanks to all the people that organise these things, as time goes on and I get a bit better sorted I'll be along for much more, and help out as well.

As soon as I figure it out I got a couple of small video's I'll try to get them up today.

Sheldon McIntosh

Ahh, a couple of us were wondering who would be so stupid as to subject their 105 to a dirt motorkhana, now we know! :D  I like that colour WilliamB1750, is that a standard colour?  Looks like BRG, but I'm sure there's a more romantic sounding name for it.

As to the day itself, all I can say is...Dirt Motorkhana = Awesome to the power of Rad!!  Highly recommended, and I can't wait till the next one.  Looking forward to results too....

WilliamB1750

:D :D Thanks for that Sheldon, since the 105 is not at present in mint condition I have no problem with subjecting it to all sorts of things, and it proved pretty nimble as well. Nothing that won't wash off  ;)

I believe the color is BRG it was applied in Queensland when the sills were cut out and replaced, they tried to do a full colour change, inside the door jambs and under the bonnet but it wasn't a bare metal respary so the original colour is coming through under the bonnet which is of course AR 501 Alfa Romeo Red.

I really hope that another day can be organised, because I'll get the old girl out and do the whole day.

Mat Francis

My only complaint for the day is that i was too busy driving to watch/film anyone else!

Here is pretty much all the video i took for the day. Only got my group, sorry everybody else. I'll try harder next time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yG7DUSPhqi8
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie

John Whittington

Nice video Mat, many thanks!

John
Vic member 1114, currently Alfa-less so a Suby will have to do :-)
Past Alfas:  1984 33 GCL single carb (Red), 1992 33 16V (Red)