Soon to be one of you

Started by James, October 12, 2006, 08:39:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James

Hey all my name is James.  I am looking at purchasing my first italian car (a 1999 gtv v6 - black) on the weekend.  Have always loved them but have only just found the right one for me.  I am sell my current car at the moment (200kwat cordia) and would love to ge the car i am checking out.  Is there any advice you would give in looking at a gtv?  Common problems and things like that I should look out for.  Thanks guys!

Fast Eddie

sounds like a job for Hugh @ Monza Baywsater to answer...
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
77 Alfetta GTV - Group S project - "yellow peril"
86 SudSprint 1.5 - clubsprint car
77 Alfetta GTV - Tarmac rally/Group S
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

James

I took it for a test drive and it sounds fantastic.  just wondering if any of you could tell me what a timing belt change will cost?

Evan Bottcher

Just replied in the other posting on this topic - fantastic that you liked the v6 GTV.  If you are talking to any of our club sponsors about timing belts make sure you ask the questions you'd like answered.  Generally you will be talking to a club member and enthusiast who will be more than happy to help you.

And please consider joining the club (download the form here) and coming along to one of our drive days or even better display your car at Spettacolo in November.

Welcome!  Post a couple of photos of your car when you get it!

cheers,
Evan.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal