hello

Started by enzo1891, May 24, 2009, 10:14:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enzo1891

hello, its been about 2years since i have had a  alfa and i have just my first 105 coupe my past cars have been 1970 holden monaro ( still own it and no not for sale) alfetta, gtv and gtv6 berlina sud ti sud twin carbie clover leaf fiat 850 sport and 124 sport, the reason i havent had a alfa romeo parked in the garage for 2 years is i sold my GTV6 and swore to never have one again. ( i am a ex alfa romeo mechanic) any way my new toy is a 1974 GT Junior 1600 the history of the car as i know it is that it sat in a garage for 10 years before i bought, it is white with black interior and LOTS of rust. It has been in my garage for 6 months now and i put fuel in the carbys and a new battery and fired up first shot after a the plugs where replaced, the idea was to give it a quick respary but i should have learned from my other projects that it never works one thing always leads to the next, any way the rust is nearly all gone as i have many hours cuting and welding metal, best idea for any one wanting to restore a car and dont have a lot of is simple enrol your self at tafe do a panel beater course and buy a gasless mig and oxy kit, how ever you need to be good with your hands. The body work on my alfa is nearly finshed and i shall have it painted soon. will continue with progress of car soon. 
vince lopizzo

alfagtv152

Hi Alfa tech,
Good to hear another Alfa being restored,I prefer the Alfetta's myself.
Cheers
Andrew
SEE YOUR BACKSIDE TRACKSIDE.White 156 TI JTS,Silly Speed.

enzo1891

i love the alfettas i ve had sportivas and base models unfortunately they are very under rated cars.

MD

Hi Vince, you left out that the missuz is gonna kill you for bringing another project home, hahhaa.  :)

As a devoted transaxle driver (even have an automatic version for the missuz) I am puzzled why you got rid of the GTV6. If you re-engineer some of their shortcomings like the gearshift and brakes, they are a superb machine with looks to match. So let it all out and tell us what made you to get rid of it?

...and by the way, I do have a gasless mig and have done my share of Alfa rust repairs...good luck with yours.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

enzo1891

well as you know i did my apprenticeship on alfas and i guess i just burned out and had enough of them, with the miss she thinks that the car belongs to some one. hehehehehe. all alfas are fun to drive and yes i to have a gasless mig welder and by the looks of it this aint the only alfa i have in the garage i am looking at getting a alfetta shell and transplant all of the 75 v6 running gear in to it. and becuase some people know that i am involved in alfas again they want me to fix there cars.

MD

So what is the motivation to transplant a 75 into an Alfetta? Same horse different jockey..

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

enzo1891

well i have modigyed a lot of cars and i have always wanted to do a alfetta with a v6 plus its a sadan and i can take the kids with me and still have the feel of a gtv6. i do love the alfetta shape not to keen on the 75 shape.

MD

I see. As they say-horses for courses.

Just remembered. If you don't want a power buldge in the bonnet from the V6 plenum, you could install a modified plenum from a 164 ?

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

enzo1891

yeah but i like the the lookm of the buldge so a aftermarket bonnet bulge check ba bf falcon xr8 can get fiber glass buldges and modify the alfetta bonnet.

Victor Lee

Another V6 into an Alfetta?  Nice. 

See my previous post:  http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=2340.0

Current Alfas:  Alfa 159 3.2lt Q4; Alfetta GTV6; ES30 SZ (all V6s!);  2015 4C LE.
Past Alfas:      '02 156 2.0lt JTS; '84 Alfetta GTV6; '82 Alfetta GTV 2.0; '85 Alfa 33 1.5 GCL single carb

Davidm1600

Hi guys just noticed this conversation and actually you don't need a bonnet bulge on an Alfetta sedan when installing a V6.  A mate of mine has my old series 1 '76 Alfetta (restored) with all the running gear from a 90.  The engine fitted in with sufficient clearance. Therefore I am not sure why one would wish to fit up a bulge as it will serve no purpose.

I also agree with Vince's view, as I too prefer the looks of an Alfetta sedan (and especially the first series) over a 75.  Sorry if that offends any 75 owners.  From a purely aesthetic basis, the proportions and some of the details are just awkward.  Dave
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

enzo1891

yeah except i have to find a alfetta and a 75 the big problem i have is the space and the misses she still dont know that i own the gt junior 1600 in the garage. :-X

Mat Francis

I feel i am now qualified to join the argument. (even if i am biased).

Alfettas are much better looking.

Oh, and go the bonnet bulge! ( so i can keep the rust free bonnet  ;D)
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie

MD

Hey Vincenzo. I think you'll be ok mate. Just don't let the missuz catch you sitting behind the wheel of the garaged 1600 at 2 am in the dark with a bulge and going brmmm, brmmm   ;D

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0