Started by Stephanie, September 28, 2006, 10:00:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephanie

Hello my name Stephanie.

I am a student in Gippsland.  Currently I am driving an alfa 75, but very much miss my 1981 2 litre gtv which is at the moment in the garage. It has gone through 2 motors, the last motor was from my fathers older gtv which he had brought to australia from italy years ago, the motor didn't last that long unfortunately. He is currently looking for a motor to get the car on the road again.  At the completion of my studies, and when I begin full time work I would like to purchase second-hand newer gtv model or a 156. That is one of my dreams. Does anybody know if the gtv models are still in production? I know that they started making the gtv again around 1998 - ?  In for sale ads i have never seen a 2005 model but i have seen 2003 and 2004 models.

The ironic thing is that i like the look of the older gtv models rather than the newer ones but unfortunately time is beakoning and also petrol is quite pricy and my 1981 gtv was running on premium unleaded...  My brother purchased a 1985 grandprix V6 edition gtv a few years ago in melbourne, his was running on unleaded fuel which was quite handy.  His car is in the garage too. I think he drove it too hard and stuffed his gearbox up. Everytime he would try to reverse it the reverse gear would flip out, so he have to hold it in to back out the car.  He is also now, currently driving an alfa 75 which he loves. He plans to get his gtv fixed up, but it may cost him a fortune as has he spent alot of money getting it done up and having to get his gearbox fixed numerous times.

Hope to get replies cheers Stephanie.

Pete Y

Hi Stephanie,

Welcome to the AROCA board. The last GTVs would have been delivered to Aus in 2005, this was with the 2nd updated grille which was taller and more "blended" into the front bumper - as you have rightly noticed they started in 1998 here in oz anyway. If premium unleaded is your concern I dont think a GTV will solve it, i am of the understanding they would require at least 95RON (standard premium).
Mini/'02/Mini/2000 GTV/1750 Berlina/Alfasud Sprint/900 Aero/NB MX5/Punto/Mondeo XR5/up!/MiTo TCT