156 V6 manual gearlever boot

Started by L4OMEO, May 06, 2009, 03:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

L4OMEO

Hi

The boot around my gearlever mechanism has split on my 156 2.5 V6 manual. I've had a good look but can't see how this is attached – has anyone replaced one of these before? Is it (or does it look to be) the same as the TS manual, or GTV V6? Any feedback on how to replace this (and where to get a replacement) would be appreciated.

Cheers
Rory

2002 156 GTA

John Hanslow

On the QLD website, there is a sponsors link for the Alfa community & club members.  Check it out for suitable contacts.

http://www.aroca-qld.com/
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

Steve S

The mechanism bolts up from under the car. If it does not look possible to get to it from the top you may have to get in from underneath. That means dropping the exhaust.

L4OMEO

Thanks SteveNZ, if that's the case I might just leave it until there's a need to get it on a hoist. It's an Alfa; that shouldn't take long.

Where abouts in NZ were you from? Did you know many of the AROCNZ guys over there? I was quite involved in the Club, we've probably got a few mutual acquaintances back over the ditch.

Cheers
Rory
2002 156 GTA

Steve S

Hi Rory, I was from Auckland but I was not a member of an Alfa Club. I was, and still am, a member of the Fiat Club Waikato though. Its been a long time since I did any events combined with an Alfa Club. The Intermarque sprints at Manfield is probably the only one but I have not been there for many years now.

L4OMEO

I was in the Waikato division of AROC for many years, we did a few things with the Fiat club back then - generally grass gymkhanas, motorkhanas & stuff. Lots of fun.

You may know (or know of) an old friend of mine from the Fiat Club called Lance who had an interesting Fiat 850 Sedan. He installed a fairly highly-tuned Fiat 2-litre twin cam engine in it, then got bored of the measly 180bhp or so this gave him and and replaced it with a flat-6 from a 911. Ring any bells?

One scary vehicle. There was so little weight up the front that even in a straight line on a good surface the back end would try and pass the front. Introduce braking, bumps and cambers into the mix ...

I don't think all the Fiat Club guys were quite that insane!
2002 156 GTA