headlights?

Started by Mat Francis, May 05, 2009, 06:04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat Francis

ok this is going to sound like an incredible stupid question, but here goes.

In your 75, to turn on high beam, push the end of the indicator stalk in, yes?

reason i ask is that when i have the lights on low beam, and push the button thing on the end in, it kills all lights, rather than giving me more! I have the same thing happen when low beam is on and i turn the fog lights on.

i can however flash high beam by pulling the stalk towards me.

'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie

dehne

YES MATT WHEN YOU PUSH STALK IN HIGHBEAM COMES ON AND YES WHEN YOU PUT FOG LIGHTS ON YOU LOOSE UR DRIVING LIGHTS YOU PROB HAVE A BROKEN STALK YOU CAN PULL IT OUT AND HAVE A LOOK I THINK IS JUST 2 8MM BOLTS
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

Mat Francis

Thanks Dehne. Sighs and adds another item to the roadworthy list... Half the fun of it all i suppose
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie

Alan Hopla

Matt,

In the old days (in Victoria at least), you couldn't have fog lights on with either Low beam or High beam.

I had an 1987 Suzuki that worked this way.
I can't remember whether turing on the fog lights turned off the headlights, or if you had the fog lights on and turned on the headlights the fog lights went out. ???

Anyway in short you might not be able to have the foglights on with the headlights, but someone who owns one should know for sure.
Alan.
Alan Hopla
77' 116GTV
83' 116GTV TwinSpark
04' GT 3.2 V6, Stromboli Grey

deano

hey matt

you should have no problem having both the headlights and foglights on. i rememeber having both on in my car. sounds like somethings not right with the stalk

cheers
'91 75 3.0
'85 GTV6
'88 75 3.0
'15 Defender 110

pep105

Hey Mat

I remember when you had headlights on and pressed the fog light switch it would turn the headlights off you could only have the fog lights on with the parkers. At the time I thought something was amiss (being an Alfa and all :)) but apparently thats how it was and was told it was the law like Alan has said (mine was an 88 model/compliance, 87 production). However on a mates 33 16V (91 Model) you could have both headlights and fog lights on. So ? My 82 GTV had factory fog lights (ahh yeah) and headlights and fog lights worked together. But that bloody thing needed all the lights it could get.

The law must have changed at some point

Current
'74 GT 1600 Junior  (Currently under restoration)
'84 Alfetta GCL Sedan
'02 Vespa ET4 150
'05 GT 3.2
Past
'82 Fiat 131 Superbrava Mk II
'82 Alfetta GTV 2.0
'88 75 Twinspark
'80 Alfetta Sedan
'02 147 Twinspark

Mat Francis

Thanks all. Fog lights is good news. Not a roadworthy item i believe so that is excellent.

High beam is another story though unfortunately...

The more i fiddle the more funny things i find with this car.
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie

dehne

the fog lights are a road worthy item my 90 got knocked back because of it what i did with my 90 is wire the fog lightsto a toggle switch so i could have them on with the driving lights they look somuch better when all lights working try to find a new stalk and test them
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's