Winter Cross&Serpent, 75 needed.

Started by Sheldon McIntosh, May 04, 2009, 05:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheldon McIntosh

As part of the ongoing "2010" series, I am featuring the 75/90 series of cars in the next Cross and Serpent.  I am fairly familiar with the 90, but must confess I have never driven a 75, so I am after a kind soul who will be willing to let me drive their 75 to get an impression of it.

As the 75 2.5 is very similar to the 90, I would like to feature either a 3.0 or a twinspark version (but preferably both).  What I need is either or both of the cars for 2-3 hours so that I can drive the car on a mixture of roads to get a feel for it, with a few minutes of photography if I can organise a photographer.  And preferably sometime during the next two weekends, but could possibly manage a weekday afternoon.

If it helps, you're welcome to take Ironsides out while I'm driving your car, otherwise you can just sit in the passenger seat and criticise my driving.

If anyone could help out it would be greatly appreciated, and you would have the kudos of having your car immortalised in the pages of Cross&Serpent (did you know the Melbourne State Library keeps every issue of the magazine for posterity, so it's part of a very important historical record?  So your descendants 200 years from now will be able to see what you were driving when we were so profligate with the precious oil, and maybe, just maybe, they will begin to understand........).

If you don't want to post here, please reply to editor@alfaclubvic.org.au

Mat Francis

Well, at the minute mine has plently of "character" to it. It is there for the taking, however i would suggest sampling a better example if there is one on offer.
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie

Sheldon McIntosh

He he, I knew you'd be the first to offer Mat, and thank you.  You just want a go in Ironsides don't you (was gonna offer at Sandown anyway) ?

Cheers, will let you know.

Mat Francis

Haha, Ironsides. I can't tame a beast like that! Unfortunately i won't be entering Sandown, tad short of money for now. we all know where it went  ;D

I'll be there to help out and spectate though!
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie

Robert. Dale

Hi Sheldon, You are quite welcome to borrow my 75 Twin Spark any time.

The only problem is the suspension and brakes are slightly modified from standard.

I don't need to drive Ironsides though I will stick to the 156.

Regards Rob Dale.
Current Alfa
2014 Giulietta Progression TCT

Past Alfas
2013 Mito Progression TCT
1985 GTV 2.00L
2004 147 Selespeed
2000 156 Selespeed88
75TS(Road/Track)
84GTV6
81 GTV (Under 2Lt Sports Sedan Race Car) Should never have sold it
82 Alfetta 2.0 Sedan
83 GTV
74 Alfetta 1.8

Sheldon McIntosh

Cheers Rob, I'll be in touch.  Hehe, I've been wanting to get my hands on that car for ages.  I reckon about the weekend of Sandown will be perfect....