75 2.0L TS - Motronic Wiring Question

Started by Tristan Atkins, May 01, 2009, 01:00:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tristan Atkins

Hi Guys,

Would anyone know what I should connect, to the following wires?

The car had the usual "professional alarm" installed  - aka scotch locks and hard wiring to the battery. I thought it better to return it to the origional set-up.

Cheers,

Tristan

Jekyll and Hyde

Pink wire should be power feed to the fuel pump, black wires should be earth.  The other two I'm not 100% on off the top of my head but on most Jetronics and earlier motronics, one is normally supposed to be live power and the other ignition power.  Should be no issue with hooking both up to ign power though.  A quick search on the net will most likely reveal the answer to this one for sure.

I'd be making sure that firewall is waterproofed though, looks like a nice bit of tin worm developing underneath the ecu...

Paul Gulliver

There's a guy "Craig" on Alfa BB who is a wealth of knowledge of Alfa 75's. Has a free owners manual section. Follow him up i'm sure he will reply . He's actually a Melboune boy, but unfortunately post much on this site.

Cheers

Gully
Paul Gulliver
Present
2017 Silver Giulia Veloce
1979 Silver Alfa 116 GTV Twin Spark
1973 Red Alfa 105 2.0 GTV

Past
2013 Giulietta QV
2006 Black 159 2.2 J
1970 Dutch Blue Series 2 1750
1975 Blue Alfetta Sedan 1.8
1981 Piper Yellow Alfetta GTV 2000
1985 Red Alfetta GTV2.0
1989 White Alfa 164
2000 156

Tristan Atkins

Hi Gully and Jekyll & Hyde,

Thanks for your comments. I have already spoken with Craig on the Alfa BB and he provided me with a pic of the earlier (non cat) loom. Unfortunately the layout is different along with the colours of the wiring so I'm still stuck.

It's actually a conversion into a 116, but I was hoping that some of the 105 guys with TS's might know?

Also, Jekyll &Hyde do you know anywhere to look online for the standard colour practice for Alfa Romeo's?

Cheers,

Tristan