156 window switches

Started by Dr Alfa, January 06, 2024, 05:06:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Alfa

I've been reading about the sticky black plastic and wanted to share my attempt. I cleaned with the napi san method (excellent) and that stripped all the black sticky stuff off and took it mostly back to grey. From there I resprayed with dupli colour matte black interior spray from super cheap. Came out pretty good. I purchased 4 new window switches from eBay for like $30-40 a pop to practice on but they came out good so I ended up using them. Some photos so others considering it can see.

Dr Alfa

Comparison. I did all four. The only downside is the interior spray has a matte finish which looks great but has a textured/rough feel. Way better than getting the black stuff on your fingers though. Next up is the centre tunnel and ashtray surrounds.

bazzbazz

Use Satin Black next time, looks better and by nature is harder wearing.
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

Dr Alfa

Thanks for the tip. I think this actually looks good, just a bit too textured to touch.

What's the brand in the satin black finish? Is it a dupli colour interior spray also? I've not seen it.

bazzbazz

With the matt black it's the textured finish that gives it that full matt finish, unfortunately this wears easily and develops shiny patches.

I just use a quality black satin enamel from Bunnings.
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

Dr Alfa

Thanks for the tip - if it wears I'll do that next time.