Recommended Body Repairers In Melbourne

Started by pep105, April 06, 2009, 07:28:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1750GT

Ash on your last post you talked about a bad paint job or two. My car ( a 1750GT) is in good condition but the last spray job wasn't done right and whilst it looks great (Alfa red) from 3 - 5 meters when you get up close it has minute bubles on the paint work in places which after speaking to a few people is probably not rust as the tiny bubbles are not bursting even when given a good rub but just spoil the effect. I am told it's probably bad prep work and moisture b/w coates on the last re-spray.

I too am considering an eventual back to metal re-spray, but you know apart from the cost, I want to enjoy the car a bit longer. I am going on the Italian connection rally from Sydney to Melbourne in a couple of weeks and I would think think thrice about doing it if the car was in showroom condition.

1750GT

pep105

Hi
Just wanted to give you guys an update, found a guy to do the car, he is a contact through Milano Spares, so the car will go there in a couple of weeks once its all stripped. Ill keep you posted on the progress - Thanks again for all the replies and advice

Pep

Current
'74 GT 1600 Junior  (Currently under restoration)
'84 Alfetta GCL Sedan
'02 Vespa ET4 150
'05 GT 3.2
Past
'82 Fiat 131 Superbrava Mk II
'82 Alfetta GTV 2.0
'88 75 Twinspark
'80 Alfetta Sedan
'02 147 Twinspark

1750GT

Pep, let us know how you go and some idea of cost. Can someone post details for Rankins and Art on Wheels?

1750Gt

pep105

1750GT

Thanks for the interest will keep you updated and ill give you an idea of cost via PM.
Car is almost stripped, just finished removing the sound deadening from the floors
motor and 'box to come out next weekend and front & rear screens, also waiting for the
panel beater & painter to move into their new premises. 
Cheers

Pep

Current
'84 Alfetta GCL Sedan
'02 Vespa ET4 150
'05 GT 3.2
Past
'82 Alfetta GTV 2.0
'88 75 Twinspark
'80 Alfetta Sedan
'02 147 Twinspark

Sportscar Nut

Also interested in how the respray goes - Milano should refer you to a good panelbeater/ spraypainter! Would be keen to find out a ball park price, any damage/ rust repair work and the materials used (and check out the finished result).

Art on Wheels contact is Vyvian Hirons on 9873 1632/ 0417 583 730. Address is Factory 2/11 Pilgrim Court, Ringwood, Melbourne, 3134.

Paul

dfphoto

There are basket weave vinyls around for the seats but the pattern is not exactly the same, GT falcons used a similar basket weave. My front seats in my series 1 have been retrimmed and although the pattern is not quite as deep as the original basket weave in the back seat you really have to look to notice it, as I mentioned else where I have a friend who is a great trimmer, Rods trimming service in Coldstream 03 9739 1417.
Thanks David

UNICO

Hey Pep,
How's the spray job coming along?
Ed

pep105

Hey Ed,
Progress is slow some of the rust repairs have started, plan was to finish the car by March and drive it to Alfesta but looks like it wont happen.

So looks like we're taking your GTV6 then hey?
Cheers
Pep
Current
'84 Alfetta GCL Sedan
'02 Vespa ET4 150
'05 GT 3.2
Past
'82 Alfetta GTV 2.0
'88 75 Twinspark
'80 Alfetta Sedan
'02 147 Twinspark