Newbie - Alfa Romeo 147 owner

Started by MR147, April 03, 2009, 04:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MR147

Hi all,

Just wanted to say gidday and relate my interesting experience with fellow alfa drivers. The first day day with my newly purchased 2002 147 selespeed went like this.

Day One: Picked the car up from a dealer in Brisbane and didn't even get home  >:(  I broke down, no drive. selespeed playing up. SH%T

My wife is up me like a rat up and drainpipe. I'm quite annoyed with the whole situation and probably more annoyed at myself because I did roadtest the vehicle but only for 10 minutes, even after reading some comments on this forum and knowing full well that faulty selespeed units tend to play up after longish drives, 1/2 hour or more.

The good news is the dealer is going to pay for a replacement selespeed actuator unit under statutory warranty so I'm not too upset except I've been without the vehicle for a week now.

I must say that the forum has been very useful and I have picked up some handy tips. Hopefully my little 147 will be all good from now on and I get to enjoy my little runabout.  :D

Hope to meet some of the Brissy alfa drivers soon.

MR147

Probably shouldn't post this in the technical area. Sorry

John Hanslow

Welcome to the forum.  Once you get your car, post up some picture of the 147.

Once the selespeed is fixed, you will get some enjoyment out of it.

Cheers.
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

MR147

No Probs. I am really quite happy with my purchase will put some pics up. Thanks for the encouragement.

Andiroid

G'day mate,
I also had a similar experience! But, I love it so much that I forgave it  ;). You will find that other thigs will happen, totally unexplained, and always inconvenient. Sounds like the only difference is my wife really wanted this car, so she doesn't get angry when something happens!

What model/year did you buy? I'm also in Brisbane. have a 2004 Black 147 Selespeed.

Andrew
2013 Giulietta Distinctive Sportiva, 2004 147 Twin Spark 3dr

Sheldon McIntosh

Quote from: Andiroid on April 18, 2009, 07:54:10 AM
Sounds like the only difference is my wife really wanted this car, so she doesn't get angry when something happens!

She sounds like a keeper then.

yassmina

haha, I feel the pain.  My 2001 156 selespeed (also only recently bought) is also exhibiting problematic signs but hey, thats selespeed for u :P

DJY

Can I ask what you paid for it?

I'm about to sell my 2002 (first registered in 2003) 147 Selespeed 5 door with factory fitted sunroof, plus leather with the double detailed stitching.  Very low kms (67 000km) just put new carpet mats in and four new tyres.
Having trouble working out what it is worth.  a couple of dealers have only quoted me quote low figures...
I know I"d get more for a private sale - but starting to do my research as to what I should ask either private sale or as a new car trade in.