alfa gtv

Started by dd italia, March 25, 2009, 06:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Domenic

your best option is to get rid of the gtv and buy back your' 75, a much, much better car

greengtv8

Before the V8 went in my car, and back when it was somewhat more standard, for stuff all money, i found opening up the exhaust(replace mufflers) made the biggest increase, followed by electronic ignition(which you probably already have) and tweak the valve timming(only if you know what your doing, turns to crap if you get it wrong).
    Then if you wanna spend some money, but keep it neat and standard looking, drop a twin spark engine and gearbox in it. Gearbox goes straight in, but the speedo wont work. You need to get Vin Sharpe to modify the speedo drive for you. Engine bolts in too, but need to swap T/S ECU across too, plus EFI fuel pump and filter(add fuel return port to your fuel tank), grab some generic radiator hoses to hook up to your standard radiator. And i think you may have to bolt in the twin spark peddle box too...from memory, if you don't the clutch master cylinder will hit the plenum chamber...
     Basically, if you can pick up a cheap twin spark(whole car) you should have 98% of the stuff needed to do the conversion.
Little green Alfetta gtv 1982
Fitted with:
Lexus V8 4Ltr
Supra w58 g/box
LS400 IRS rear susp.& 8 1/2' diff
Coil over's all round
Nissan R32 Front brakes
Peddle box,balance bar & adj.bias valve's
9 point roll cage(inc. engine bay)
Custom Extractors & exhaust
Custom body kit & under tray

Mat Francis

QuoteThen if you wanna spend some money, but keep it neat and standard looking, drop a twin spark engine and gearbox in it. Gearbox goes straight in, but the speedo wont work. You need to get Vin Sharpe to modify the speedo drive for you. Engine bolts in too, but need to swap T/S ECU across too, plus EFI fuel pump and filter(add fuel return port to your fuel tank), grab some generic radiator hoses to hook up to your standard radiator. And i think you may have to bolt in the twin spark peddle box too...from memory, if you don't the clutch master cylinder will hit the plenum chamber...

i haven't done it myself, but i believe you also need to do a flywheel swap, and re locate the battery to the boot to make the TS swap work. and from the one i saw cut out a small section out of the bonnet. all easy stuff to do, but if it's your road car make add it into the whole equation.
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie