Alfa 75 Replacement front seats

Started by 75V6, March 05, 2009, 09:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

75V6

Greetings to all,

I'm now the proud owner of a 75 Twin Spark and I'm starting to look to make a few alterations/adjustments to the new toy. As with most 75s of this vintage the drivers seat is starting to sag in some places, although the material is still in good condition. I could get a trimmer to redo the foam bolsters but I'm considering changing both front seats for a pair with a bit more support/adjustments. Are there any 75 owners on the forum that have gone through this exercise and can suggest what may be a compatible brand/size/fit? Something that bolts straight in (unlikely) would be great. What about other Alfa models such as the 156 (nice seats & trim, fully adjustable too), would they fit?

Anyone who has successfully done this on a 75, your information would be greatly appreciated.

I'll probably be looking for more info on other issues as I go along.

Cheers,

Barry Edmunds

alfa4me
I have a pair of front seats available from a 156 that I had in my now being dismantled Giulietta. I found them to be much better than the originals with more support in the right places.

I made up the necessary spacers as the 156 seat rails are narrower than the original Giulietta/Alfetta seats. These are ready to bolt in.

Barry

75V6

Thanks for the reply Barry,

What colour are your 156 seats and are they leather or fabric?
(I'm after something in a preferably grey or maybe black fabric)

Regards,
Craig

Barry Edmunds

Craig

The seat are grey fabric, standard 156 I think. I can get a photo of them for you if needed

Barry

75V6

Thanks Barry, if you could post a photo that would be great.

Craig J