174 Alfetta sedan resto

Started by Mike, January 21, 2024, 10:25:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Gday.
It's been a while since I've put anything in here. Admittedly I've migrated to instagram. You can see all my projects there #barrengermichael

Some may recall my Alfetta sedan. I restored it back in 1997 for the first time. This is the second restoration  with a few small changes. I ran 5x98 pcd back then so I could put Fondmetal wheels on it. Thus was by way of redrilling the front solid disk and rear hub. It now runs gtv6 front hubs, vented rotors and gtv6 callipers.

Suspension: It runs period koni red with helper springs, rear lowered king springs, 26mm torsion bars, front 22mm antirole bar.

Wheels: I still have the 5 off 7 spoke 15x7 Fondmetals, but will run 15x7 original Ronals, which are being refurbished. On that note if anyone had a spare 2 Ronal wheel center caps, I am looking.

Engine: other than replacing the headgasket, substituting the carb rubber mounts for hard mounts, the engine remains as it did 20 years ago. 220psi hot compression, wade cams, 45 dellortos 36.m chokes, extended inlets.

I still have to die the carpets (anyone got any good tips?). Rebuild the exhaust, refurbished center console, install 2 more doors worth of internal hardware.

Getting there.
cars / projects:
Twinspark - Bonneville car build
85 GTV6 red
86 GTV6 3.2 quadcam on ITBs
Alfetta '74 sedan project
Alfetta '74 sedan 1 owner
'76 Alfetta GT blue
'76 Alfetta GT Twincharge
Fiat 128 3P
78 Ferrari 308 gtb
78 Ferrari gts
79 Ferrari gtb
Audi SQ5...well something has to run

MD

Sweet.
Don't overlook the drive line rubbers before the maiden run.

BTW I need to pick up the Papers could I borrow one of the Ferraris. I can leave the mountain bike for security..  ;)
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0