1965 1600 Sprint GT Project For Sale

Started by Albygtv, January 27, 2009, 02:03:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Albygtv

Due to some changed circumstances I can't work on my Sprint GT project any more and therefore have to put it up for sale.
The car was an original Victorian delivered car, Alfa red with black interior. Up to the early nineties it was registered in Vic but was then put away for future restoration. By this time the car had been modified for sprinting and has:
* a 1750 engine
* Lowered springs with 27mm front role bar
* Monroe Wylie shocks
* Camber adjuster top arms
* Some nicely widened steel wheels
* 1750 front hubs and brakes
* the front modified to a GTA look.

Currently the car is stripped of all trim and interior and engine and gearbox but seems to be quite complete except for missing carbies.
The bad news is that it needs a lot of work. Rust has got at the floor, both sills and around the rear windows and there is some old accident damage that was never repaired properly at the front. The good news is that this is all very visible as some work has started on it and all replacement panels needed come with the car, including front and rear left side floor pieces, all sill lengths, jack points, rear window lower piece, spare guards and a complete spare stepnose front (with a piece taken out of it) and lots of other bits and pieces.

I'm looking for $3,000 for the car as described which is less than the value of the replacement panels. For someone handy with a welder, they'll get a terrific car at virtually no further costs.

Lot 2 - I also have a spare 2 litre engine, gearbox and lsd rear axle now for sale. The engine and gearbox were supposedly reconditioned shortly before being packed away but I have no way of confirming this. The engine is complete with all ancilliaries including starter, alternator, electronic modified dissy, but also missing the carbies.
I would like around $1,800 for all this or $800 for engine, $400 for gearbox, $800 for rear axle.

At the end of the day it all has to go so reasonable offers will be considered. I have some photo's which I will email to anyone interested.

Cheers
Alby

Albygtv

Forgot to add I can be reached on 0414 892 222 anytime.

Albygtv

Well, as the silence has been deafening, its time for a change.  So, new price is $3,000 for everything described above, except for LSD rear axle which has been sold. That is, 1600 Sprint Gt with all spares and parts as described, plus 2 litre engine and gearbox (as described in Lot 2 above).

Also will split up major components if not sold within the next week, so if there are any parts you want, give me a ring on 0414 892 222..

Major parts include

- 1600 gearbox, 1750 engine, 2l gearbox, 2l engine,
- 1600 sprint GT interior excluding seats - includes dash, door cards, etc
- 1750 series one seats (front flying butress type and back) - need complete restoration
- 1600 Sprint GT body panels - all available including good doors, bonnet, boot, spare wings, spare inner,  middle and outer sills, 2 complete stepnose front clips (need work but reasonable), fuel tank and various other bits and pieces
- Suspension stuff including widened steel wheels (15 inch by about 6inch wide), monroes Wylie shocks, adjustable top front arms, firmer springs, 1600 rear axle, 1750 front uprights and brakes.

Cheers,
Alby

Ash Gordon

Very tempting, but I had better finish the current project first.

I will ask around though I may know someone who is interested.

Can you please send me some photos.

Thanks Ash
'69 105 1750 GTV White (SLOW work in progress)
'72 105 2000 GTV Green ( Donor Car)

adriank

Have you got a flywheel & sump for this 2lt engine? I assume yes since you have a gearbox attached.

Also any idea where the original 1600 engine has got to?

Will try and ring you tomorrow

Cheers, Adrian 0416 146 876

photos would be handy (adrian.kemmis at mbgs.com.au)

'74 GT 1600 Junior
'00 Kawasaki W650 (daily drive)

spoynter

I just came across this thread :)

Would you be interested in selling me the complete interior and wheels only? I have a '68 step-front that has a 1750 interior and 14" wheels that I'd like to return to original  :)

Albygtv

Hi Spoynter,

It looks like the car has been sold as a complete package. If the sale falls through for any reason I will let you know.

Cheers
Alby