GTV6 rear panel, front apron & rear hatch strut

Started by GeeTV, March 13, 2012, 12:05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeeTV

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience with finding & purchasing the following gtv6 items?
I've managed a few leads but alternatives and/or comments from users would be most appreciated.
- A new rear panel? 
http://www.benavelis.gr/en/product.php?ProdId=241
- A new front apron original style replacement?
- A new gas strut for rear hatch
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ALFA-ROMEO-GTV-HATCH-GAS-STRUT-NEW-/330697534911?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4cff1bedbf

Thanks

four90s

I don't know about the panels, but I've got one of the struts in my GTV6 and it's fine apart from the tabs on the ends being a little thinner than the originals.

Cheers

Steve Adelaide
Four90s
Too many others to list
(33 Alfas and some other things since 1979)

GeeTV

- Thanks Steve!... That's one item I can strike off the list.

- I have repaired the front apron and it's stable for now.  Although if anyone has a source for them [new/old/refurb/repairers] please advise.

- Regarding the rear panel, rust has eaten serious sections around the tail lights and right across the bottom along the bumper bar line.  As opposed to repairing it, I'm guessing a panel beater would much prefer me handing him a replacement panel.  Surely N. Benavellis & Co are not the only suppliers?.... With all due respect, Greece doesn't exactly fill me with confidence at the moment.

Fetta GTV

1979 Alfetta GTV
1986 Alfa Sprint 1.5 twin carb

GeeTV

Thanks Fetta - Highwood have a picture of the Alfetta gtv rear panel on their website,.... but don't actually sell it.
Maybe I'll contact the Greek supplier & take it from there - Perhaps they'll allow settlement via paypal.

shane wescott

There's a guy in Fawkner who rebuilds struts.

Did a great job on mine :-)
Current Cars:

No Alfa's :-(

Previous Cars:
1991 White 164
86 White GTV6 Zender Body Kit
90 Red 75 TS
98 Blue GTV 2.0
85 Red 33 1.5 TI
85 Red 33 1.7 Carby
83 Silver 33 1.5 GCL
70 Blue Berlina 1750