Judder on acceleration while cornering

Started by GTVeloce, July 28, 2023, 09:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTVeloce

I recently had some juddering while cornering and accelerating, especially at low speed. Diagnosed a probably dodgy drive shaft. Replaced a clearly damaged drive shaft (CV was dry) and things were much better but not perfect.

Fast forward a few months and the juddering is back but on the other side. So replaced that drive shaft but no difference. The one I removed felt good so not surprised this time.

So, if it is not the drive shafts causing the issue, what is it? I assume it is the differential. There are no issues when driving in a straight line. At speed it feels fine.

Could it be the half shaft? Or something more sinister? i.e. do I need to rebuild the whole diff? Where does one get the seal for a half shaft? I can't see one at the usual suspects of online stores.

TEE Z2

If it is an open differential you could pull the diff centre out and check the movement of the planetary gears. if it is an LSD you can also check the clutch packs for wear as well as the planetary gears. It's a little more difficult for the LSD because of the added complexity of the Limited slip components of the differential.