Weeping clutch master cylinder

Started by GTVeloce, July 14, 2023, 02:11:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTVeloce

I have recently lost some fluid from my remote reservoir and discovered the point where the hose attaches to the clutch master cylinder is wet. If I wiggle the hose I can see fluid escaping from around the rubber attachment point. This was a brand new master cylinder installed less than a year ago so not keen to replace it again if I can help it. Has anyone managed to resolve the same issue without replacement?

GTVeloce

Turns out the plastic piece that connects the reservoir hose to the m/c had a crack inside the rubber grommet. Managed to get a spare one and swapped it over. Primed the line so didn't have to bleed the clutch. Happy days!

bteoh

Did you manage to buy a new plastic hose elbow? I think mine has a similar problem. Not sure if the plastic pipe can be purchased as it normally comes with the clutch master cylinder.

GTVeloce

Didn't buy one, had a spare unit I was able to cannibalise from. But I don't think it would be too hard to buy one either.

Interestingly, I had two spare units. The first elbow was a larger diameter even though the rest of the unit was the same.

If yours is also the larger size you can have my spare.

bteoh

Thanks for the offer. I did try to salvage one off my parts car but managed to split one end of it trying to get the old hose off. I am looking at trying to fit an individual reservoir on it and found some motorcycle reservoirs for sale on ebay. Not sure if it will fit but may give it a try. Couldn't see any replacement elbow pipes from the usual sellers in the UK either.